seanpistol's 01 Tundra

mattmtbman

I e-mailed all pro this morning about tundra stuff and did buy a first gen tundra but they are a couple of months out until production though.

stclair

Adventurer
That's what I been trying to do for a while now- CBI said they'd make a custom one for $1400, maybe if someone got their truck in there they could make more than one and do em cheaper. I unfortunately don't think we'll ever see anything for our trucks for $600, like the AOR Taco bumper. :(
I MIGHT go by CBI sometime early in January to see about a rear bumper with a swing-away. Not sure if I'll be able to SWING it yet though, so not certain. I'm hoping to pick up my FWC Eagle in Jackson, WY in January, and they're not too far away. I need any measurements to be done with the camper on to allow for overhang. If I do, I'll be sure to let everyone here know. Could make it easier for the next guy.

mattmtbman

This is the e-mail I got from them yesterday

We just acquired a first gen tundra and we are going to start looking into
making products for them here shortly. We are about a few months out on
anything though.

Thanks,
Kurtis Taylor
Sales
951-928-4777
kurtis@allprooffroad.com

I guess when enough people ask they can't keep saying no

uscg2008

Explorer
Ya I was having that problem too. The actuator has to fully lock the front in so the transfer case can get the signal. Once it has the signal it will then let you switch to 4lo.

seanpistol

Explorer
Got 4wd back today. After what I read I was sure it would be the actuator on the front diff. Opened it up and it looked brand new. Wiped out the old grease to get a better look and replaced a thin layer of fresh dielectric grease. Replaced the 6mm x 1.0 thread pitch bolts with a phillips head- with a hex head.

Then went to the actuator on the transfer case, and noticed the breather/vent tube was off, leaving the nipple exposed. Opened it up and water fell out- it looked like this.

There was definitely some rust that had developed- preventing a good contact. I'd assume the exposed nipple easily allowed water to get into the actuator causing the corrosion. Cleaned up the corrosion as good as possible with 800 grit sandpaper and re-greased. Put it back together and no flashing lights and 4wd works as it should.

Cleaned and re-greased-

Last edited:

uscg2008

Explorer
Nice work. Glad ur working in full4wd it's def so nice once it's fixed. I should have changed the screws out on mine to.

seanpistol

Explorer
I bought the larger 231mm calipers along with new rotors and pads from Napa. Going to get them put on this week.

Planning on making a high clearance, beefy rear bumper this summer, and a high clearance hitch hauler for my 90 Yamaha XT350.

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
Found a rust-free T100 that is being parted out. It's a 1993 regular cab 4x4 with the manual and V6. It should have 4.46 gears in it. Since it's a few hundred miles away, my cousin is going to go pluck the differentials for me next week! I wish ARB was having a buy a locker get a free compressor deal...

Davidw

Observer
What T-100s had the 4.46? Never have heard of that ratio. Used to hearing 4.56 in the mini trucks. There are some T-100s locally in a junk yard I may look at if they swap straight in for a future project.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke