seanpistol's 01 Tundra

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
Tubbed

So I guess I misjudged the amount I would need to cut. Thought it would be a rickashay mod, ended up being a seanpistol mod. But, no rubbing except for a little at the frame at full lock.

Stock wheels, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers.

10805651_918570231533982_8125973237955081203_n.jpg 20796_918570641533941_2937355038538267263_n.jpg

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice! Looks like the same amount I had ended up cutting out, inboard all the way to the frame.

White Tundra on 35s party.

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
Yea, if I had known I would need to cut as much as you, I would have had second thoughts. But, I can't wait to have it finished now. I still need to put in my hoops for the secondaries (waiting on the bypasses) and relocate my airbumps up a bit.

My wife and I (and our 3 dogs) will be doing 8 days in Utah in Sept. Mostly southeast to southwest, Zion to Bryce to Canyonlands to Moab. We'll be backcountry camping throughout the trip. Maybe if you're around during the same time we can meet up and have our white tundra on 35s party... :sombrero:

seanpistol

Explorer
Haha, I don't think it's much extra work to weld in an additional piece. Still not entirely sure how Addison got away with cutting out so little.

Southern Utah in September would be fun.

trailscape

Explorer
Had I kept my '02 Tundra... I would have had some crazy ideas for it. Had a friend in need though, and I just got a rebuilt title for it.

rickashay

Explorer
What he didn't cut he used a BFH. LOL!

There is small amount of truth to this. That thin factory sheetmetal did get some massaging before the plates got welded in. Proof is in the pudding as mine doesn't rub at bump or lock or both. My only concern is that when my UCA's go on that I squeeze some uptravel out of it and I end up with some rub. I don't want to re-tub though so I guess it will make me link the front or be the last straw on the camels back that makes me go LT. hahahah My fiance will probably naysay all of the above though....

seanpistol

Explorer
There is small amount of truth to this. That thin factory sheetmetal did get some massaging before the plates got welded in. Proof is in the pudding as mine doesn't rub at bump or lock or both. My only concern is that when my UCA's go on that I squeeze some uptravel out of it and I end up with some rub. I don't want to re-tub though so I guess it will make me link the front or be the last straw on the camels back that makes me go LT. hahahah My fiance will probably naysay all of the above though....

There's the answer right there... uniball upper arms allowing for more uptravel! I forgot you were stock up there. Spazstic and I both have uniballs.

You won't link the front or do LT. :coffeedrink:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I would love to do Moab again. Won't be till 2017 and I think we should crash the taco rock therapy event than.
2016 is Alaska for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spazstic

Lives for the weekend

THAT makes sense... Like Sean said, you're not getting the uptravel we are. LT would be cool, but it's $$$. My wife would not approve...

I've never been to Moab (or Utah) so I'm really looking forward to it. Gotta get the truck setup before Sept though. I'm planning on building a RTT, I would buy one if prices were reasonable... But I think they're nuts given what it takes to make one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior