seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
My list of mods to accomplish when it warms up... keeping it mellow!

-a CVT RTT to replace the Tepui
-relocating the washer fluid resi to a homemade unit under the hood
-changing out the front 1.25" spacers for 1.5"
-rear suspension rework to include shackle flip, relocated shocks, and franken-springs

Been spending a lot more time doing "house mods" lately...

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Lol you beat me to it toyotech.
Any particular reason for going CVT over Tepui? I really like my CVT but was just wondering for someone else.

volkinator

Awesome thread and excellent execution of your Tundra! It's amazing to see it change!

Have you thought of a sled deck!? Seeing your other fab skills, it wouldn't be too much, and make it swap-able with your bed rack!

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
-rear suspension rework to include shackle flip, relocated shocks, and franken-springs

I'm going to be building a Franken pack as well here shortly. I'll be doing my best to add a bit of stiffness but also make the leaves shorter towards the bottom of the pack to achieve a more progressive ride, I plan to have 7 leaves once finished. Also the overload spring will be deleted, but I'll definitely have to run bumpstops again.
My 63s ride great and flex awesome but are too squishy with any amount of payload, like all of my camping gear. And topper. And RTT. And spare. And 10 gallons of gas. Haha

Are you going to grab another pair of Tundra springs to cut up or will you be using a different model pack? I'm interested to see what you put together!

trailscape

Explorer
I have this set of 1.5" spacers that have been collecting dust in the garage for years. They were on my Tundra when I bought it. No idea of brand, but I'd probably give them away for cheap?

KIMG0107.jpg

My list of mods to accomplish when it warms up... keeping it mellow!

-a CVT RTT to replace the Tepui
-relocating the washer fluid resi to a homemade unit under the hood
-changing out the front 1.25" spacers for 1.5"

Been spending a lot more time doing "house mods" lately...

marathonracer

Adventurer
So jealous of the powder and terrain you guys have to ride out west. Our "mountains" aren't really as rideable. Lots of woods roads with endless powder up north to play on but it seems like most people just want trails. There are some guys around with mountain sleds that just have them because they look cool. Running a 174 summit on a trail is like the idiot running around town with his drop bracket and boggers that he puts tire shine on.

seanpistol

Explorer
Lol you beat me to it toyotech.
Any particular reason for going CVT over Tepui? I really like my CVT but was just wondering for someone else.

Customer service. My Tepui had a manufacturing defect and I contacted them for the materials to fix it myself (probably $20 worth). I feel that a company should stand by their product. They said it was the effect of abuse, which it obviously was not, and impolitely refused. Sold my tent that day for more than I paid for it.

I also want to upgrade the tent to a model with an awning and skylight.

Have you thought of a sled deck!? Seeing your other fab skills, it wouldn't be too much, and make it swap-able with your bed rack!

I am always thinking about a sled deck. I'd have to add a spool gun and 100% argon to my welder to be able to make it out of aluminum. The extra weight of steel would make it a PITA to install and remove it as often as I'd like. I'd need airbags regardless for the 1000 lbs of machines sitting up top, and those seem to have their own set of consistent issues.

Can't wait to see your ideas for a shackle flip.

Rickashay and myself should have a prototype in the mail in the very near future :sombrero:

I'm going to be building a Franken pack as well here shortly. I'll be doing my best to add a bit of stiffness but also make the leaves shorter towards the bottom of the pack to achieve a more progressive ride, I plan to have 7 leaves once finished. Also the overload spring will be deleted, but I'll definitely have to run bumpstops again.
My 63s ride great and flex awesome but are too squishy with any amount of payload, like all of my camping gear. And topper. And RTT. And spare. And 10 gallons of gas. Haha

Are you going to grab another pair of Tundra springs to cut up or will you be using a different model pack? I'm interested to see what you put together!

I'm not entirely sure yet. I want to increase my articulation, ride quality, and payload. It's going to take some experimenting.

So jealous of the powder and terrain you guys have to ride out west. Our "mountains" aren't really as rideable. Lots of woods roads with endless powder up north to play on but it seems like most people just want trails. There are some guys around with mountain sleds that just have them because they look cool. Running a 174 summit on a trail is like the idiot running around town with his drop bracket and boggers that he puts tire shine on.

I'd laugh seeing a 174 where you live. I'm currently researching a 3" track for my Pro. The 2.6" is more versatile, but I was wishing I had it a few weeks ago when it snowed 20" overnight.

seanpistol

Explorer
Yep- for good this time. Worked out a deal with my cousin to take his 2nd gen Cummins off him when this sells. That will be my daily/hauler/expo type rig. I eventually want to start a truggy build- something to haul down to Moab and play on the hard trails with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior