FG637 "Drag Up"

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
I don't think they make black plastic ones that big.
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
I'll have to change it, its all over the place. Where did you get your?
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Hi Everyone

Just got back from my little trip to Big Desert State Forrest. Well a little early as one of the kids kicked a ember into his shoe so we spent last night in emergency getting it dressed but he's fine.

We drove to Big Billy Bore campsite on Friday Night and setup camp. There were two other vehicles, a Prado and a Navara both with lifts and AT Tyres.

Saturday morning we drove to some dunes we saw on the way in on the western side of the Murrayville Track. The truck performed admirably but sand is not our friend. We then back tracked and follower the Brushcutters track we managed it pretty well, I lowered all tyres to 30Psi and this made things a little easier. The long steep dunes were our worst enemy as I had difficulty finding a good gear to keep up speed and torque. We got particularly bogged down on one hill but I found that reversing back just far enough to not get into the Dual tracks would give you a compacted area to launch again off. When we got to the Delisio Track turn off we had a crack at the Yarrow Ranges Dune (I think thats the spelling). None of the vehicles made it up, but we put in a good showing and got within about 10 meters of the lighter vehicles.WP_20130413_014[1].jpg
WP_20130413_013[1].jpg

John you could use this when your trying to sell Singles to people.
http://youtu.be/fRF0rvt3OAU
We kept up this speed for about 40m

We continued on the Delisio Track until we met the Big Dune Track then we followed the white springs track to Lone Pine where we Camped. When we stopped I found that we had put a burnt stick through the sidewall of the Passengers Inside Dual. So we made camp and Changed the tyre.
WP_20130413_022[1].jpg

WP_20130413_024[1].jpg
I also found that I snapped the rear cab mount again so there's another job when we get home
WP_20130413_028[1].jpg
So after tea the eldest decided to kick the fire and shot an ember into his boot. After that I broke camp and headed out on the White Springs Track. After one of the best experiences in an emergency room i've ever had we headed Home.

All in all was a good trip, the kids loved it and the truck held its own pretty good.

Cheers

Shannon

Attachments

• WP_20130413_023[1].jpg
    WP_20130413_023[1].jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Cheers Owen, I think the sender i need will be almost identical to yours apart from the mounting.

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
If the mounting pattern on your new tank is a standard SAE pattern (5 hole, 54mm PCD) then I expect that you will have far less hassles than me. Getting them to make a Fuso pattern was challenging.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Ok guys now I have to rebuild this cab mount was thinking of stitch in square tube in the existing panel and enclosing the base. Any thoughts?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
In my experience, which does not include dual cab mounts, whenever you over strengthen one area it promotes failure in another weaker area.
Be careful that you do not create a bigger problem.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yeah might be time to rebuild both back mounts and put different rubbers in, the mitsi ones are $200 ea!

Hi Shannon,

IMO, the standard rubber mount setup on the crewcabs is completely inadequate for real offroad use. They simply need more travel. You aren't the first person who's had this problem.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
I'm still thinking the air bag option if i could find a way to support the twisting of the cab.

I made a video up the thread John of some sand driving we did ( sorry about the sound). If any of your customers need convincing of a srw conversion show them that haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior