FG637 "Drag Up"

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Had a great Sunday at Saunders gorge, a private 4x4 track in SA. Was some very knarly rocky climbs and descents, used Engineers hand throttle/Brake trick to lock front diff and was very impressed with the results. Didn't even look like dragging any undercarriage with the new tyres. only issue was turning circle on one of the switchbacks, but three point turn and we were away.
20130804_153746.jpg
20130804_152047.jpg
There were a lot less people ribbing me about the truck at the end of the day!!

Andelles

Observer
Who did you buy the tyres from . Do they fit on a standard fg rim? You'd get a better ride whit more sidewall do you recon .

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Front tyres are Hankook Z59's, Rear tyres are cheap Chinese cross ply's, ride improvement is there but marginal. Ride is alot better with load on the back.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Well gentlemen its official.

After an unfortunate disagreement with a guard tail and a few trees, Tonka is officially scrap. I'm unscathed but I would like to think that Tonka gave her life for me.

Looks like I'll be a Ute driver again for a while :'(

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Well gentlemen its official.

After an unfortunate disagreement with a guard tail and a few trees, Tonka is officially scrap. I'm unscathed but I would like to think that Tonka gave her life for me.

Looks like I'll be a Ute driver again for a while :'(

Sad.....

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
I have tried to avoid taking pictures. But I got a wheel in the gravel and couldn't bring her back. Sheared out the front axle and dinged up the passenger side.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408446928.577611.jpg Check it out Dads bought a new Canter to cut and shut with mine. Might have to borrow it for old times sake.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Good to be back in the saddle..or somewhere between the saddle and the roof.

Spent the weekend travelling the SA/Vic Border track in dads truck.

Wow what A DIFFERENCE THE BIG TYRES (and turbo) MAKE!!

made it up dunes that prados and patrols were struggling with.

I Love these trucks!!

IMG_1830.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior