Any changes between the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2013 or 2014?

zimm

Expedition Leader
Just a thought.... As a Jeep sales professional, and Jeep owner ( 13 Rubucon Unlim. and 13 10th Aniv, Edtn. Rubicon Unlim.) I would wonder why people would be interested in more electronics in an overland vehicle. It takes a lot of power, and all of the offroad pounding has got to take a toll on them. Just my thought. That said, I sell these things decked out all of the time.

whats the amp draw difference? and wouldnt they just fit a bigger alternator and battery?

what pounding do they take? does an ECU board meant for a vehicle get beat more than, say the planetary gearset in a transmission or a shock? when was the last time your radio died due to offroading?

electronics are your friend.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Adventurer
Rumors are new colors....
2014_Wrangler_Colors.jpg

Slightly new option groups.
attachment.php

Drivetrain wise there will be no changes until the 2016 redesign.

NFRs2000NYC

Adventurer
Just a thought.... As a Jeep sales professional, and Jeep owner ( 13 Rubucon Unlim. and 13 10th Aniv, Edtn. Rubicon Unlim.) I would wonder why people would be interested in more electronics in an overland vehicle. It takes a lot of power, and all of the offroad pounding has got to take a toll on them. Just my thought. That said, I sell these things decked out all of the time.

So long as the electronics are properly designed (silicone injected so that things don't rattle around) there would be absolutely no issue. Electronics for the most part don't eat that much juice (provided the motor is running) so I don't see that as an issue as well. A lot of "electronics" are simply software. IMHO, so long as they are well made *cough land rover cough* I see no issues with piling on the electrical stuff. I will agree that some systems should be left analog. I have relatives with range rovers, and when one of the computers has a brainfart, the vehicle is undrivable and THAT is something you don't want in an overland rig. Things that are fine analog should be left as such, but things that are digital, or can be improved by converting to digital (ie fuel injection) I say Im all for it.

Amy H

Observer
Everyone has different needs and wants. Affordablity and durabilty is my focus. The less complicated, the better for me. Passed on the 2012 due to the head issue. Now that the 2014's are almost here, I just wondered if it is worth it to wait or try to get a good deal on a 2013.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Big rumor is the new redesign will be IFS, so better buy one by 2014! Remember Jeep skips a year with a redesign, so if it's in 2016, there will be no 2015s.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Everyone has different needs and wants. Affordablity and durabilty is my focus. The less complicated, the better for me. Passed on the 2012 due to the head issue. Now that the 2014's are almost here, I just wondered if it is worth it to wait or try to get a good deal on a 2013.

i think youre hard pressed to get real deals on wranglers. just get one.

less complicated how? its a new car using a factory cross model drivetrain. like, you dont want AC and power windows, and a nav screen?

PeteEinMT

Observer
Big rumor is the new redesign will be IFS, so better buy one by 2014! Remember Jeep skips a year with a redesign, so if it's in 2016, there will be no 2015s.

They skipped one year I am aware of in 96. 2006 had a TJ and 2007 was a JK and that was a major re design so would be surprised if they skipped 2015

BADDANDY

Adventurer
They skipped one year I am aware of in 96. 2006 had a TJ and 2007 was a JK and that was a major re design so would be surprised if they skipped 2015

My bad, I had erased 07s in my mind as some were 2wd and some had Turdy35s.
Now for the soap box;
Reliability wise from being on numerous Jeep Forums the last 7 years, besides the 7,500 2012s that had the bad heads, JKs have been pretty good unless you treat your Jeep like a dirty wet rag or take it into the dealer to have something fixed that you could've modded yourself. There are a lot of little issues that just take a mod to fix, but people still take them in even after people telling them not to on the forums and of course most wind up having very unpleasant experiences. Case in point, the latter 6 speeds have a rattle/rumble that people have taken in, some the entire trans is swapped and the problem is still there which could've been modded by simply slipping a rubber hose around the transfer case shift cable that rubs against the dash. This fixed mine and many others that heeded the suggestion. I'm not saying everyone's could be fixed this way, but most who take them in don't even attempt the mods due to having the "it's a brand new Jeep with a warranty and they will fix it mentality"! I also read this exact same scenario with the same results with new BMW and Triumph bike owners. Yes, some do have a major mechanical that must be taken in, but those are no brainer issues. That would be the only time I would ever take mine in, not to chase a vibe, rumble, rattle, roughness, etc. I've only ever taken my vehicles in so far for warranty recalls, never had a no brainer. I've had many brand new cars, trucks, bikes that I've kept for 10 years or more and they never saw the dealer once. Yes, I've had to lube, shim, dampen, tighten, reposition items on these vehicles to silence or adjust something that bugged the hell out of me, but nothing's perfect.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
My bad, I had erased 07s in my mind as some were 2wd and some had Turdy35s.
Now for the soap box;
Reliability wise from being on numerous Jeep Forums the last 7 years, besides the 7,500 2012s that had the bad heads, JKs have been pretty good unless you treat your Jeep like a dirty wet rag or take it into the dealer to have something fixed that you could've modded yourself. There are a lot of little issues that just take a mod to fix, but people still take them in even after people telling them not to on the forums and of course most wind up having very unpleasant experiences. Case in point, the latter 6 speeds have a rattle/rumble that people have taken in, some the entire trans is swapped and the problem is still there which could've been modded by simply slipping a rubber hose around the transfer case shift cable that rubs against the dash. This fixed mine and many others that heeded the suggestion. I'm not saying everyone's could be fixed this way, but most who take them in don't even attempt the mods due to having the "it's a brand new Jeep with a warranty and they will fix it mentality"! I also read this exact same scenario with the same results with new BMW and Triumph bike owners. Yes, some do have a major mechanical that must be taken in, but those are no brainer issues. That would be the only time I would ever take mine in, not to chase a vibe, rumble, rattle, roughness, etc. I've only ever taken my vehicles in so far for warranty recalls, never had a no brainer. I've had many brand new cars, trucks, bikes that I've kept for 10 years or more and they never saw the dealer once. Yes, I've had to lube, shim, dampen, tighten, reposition items on these vehicles to silence or adjust something that bugged the hell out of me, but nothing's perfect.

Where is the dang 'like' button! Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles