Stolenheron's 2013 Frontier CC PRO4X

AlabamaWill

Observer
Thats cool with me. It sounds like we might have one or two others that would be up to meet. Maybe we could meet at Momma Goldbergs on Magnolia and Donahue one after noon or something.

stolenheron

Explorer
amazed how fast AutoAnything.com shipped these front mats out. (ordered them on sunday night).
77124_4679145772451_307448360_n.jpg

532186_4679146492469_1408850540_n.jpg

Weathertech Digifit front mats. ordered a rear but it is being shipped directly from weathertech so it will take a bit longer to get here. I'm very impressed as to the coverage and how well they fit.

stolenheron

Explorer
Weathertech rear mat came in. not nearly as impressive coverage as the front mats, but then again it isnt needed nearly as much. I am disappointed that weathertech didnt extend past the doorsills like they did on the front mat.

64160_4682419334288_1173924032_n.jpg

44793_4682417934253_1136063754_n.jpg

532695_4682418294262_1788759335_n.jpg

I am happy to report though that i didnt have to trim to fit it against the factory Rockford Fosgate subwoofer under the rear driverside seat.

from what i have heard, the rear mat from Husky liner is better quality than the weathertech, however the weathertech front mats are better quality than the husky liner.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I am happy to report though that i didnt have to trim to fit it against the factory Rockford Fosgate subwoofer under the rear driverside seat.

from what i have heard, the rear mat from Husky liner is better quality than the weathertech, however the weathertech front mats are better quality than the husky liner.

Interesting! The rear WeatherTech in my Xterra was the same and did not extend out to the sill. My Frontier WeatherTech is the same way. I do like that you didn't have to trim it!

stolenheron

Explorer
went to the dealership and got a good price on a factory hitch.... while I was there I ran into the dealership's detailer/touch up guy and he wetsanded/buffed out a couple scratches on my less than 1 month old truck for free! I tipped the guy of course.

still need to get the wiring harness. I didnt realize the factory hitch had the mounting plate for the 7pin harness already there (I wish it didnt), so I'll probably just get the OEM plug setup... if it ever gets damaged, I'll grind it off and hide/ziptie the harness up under the truck like I did with my land rover.

pics of the hitch with my warn receiver shackle (that thing has unstuck my old rover and dozens of vehicles I recovered in the past, I'm sure it will serve my nissan well)
217458_4735828709489_505636504_n.jpg

577568_4735829069498_1936132263_n.jpg

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Nice truck...I like those Frontiers a lot. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Tire- wise, what are you thinking?

stolenheron

Explorer
Nice truck...I like those Frontiers a lot. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Tire- wise, what are you thinking?

33" A/Ts. I will probably go back to BFGoodrich A/Ts like I had on my disco. They were the jack of all trades, but the master of none. They were great ALL terrains for me and the tread life was phenomenal. I may consider Toyo Open Country A/Ts as well, had some experience with them on my Rover, they did pretty damn good as well.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Nice looking truck. I am thinking I will be following you into Frontierland. My 01 Disco is giving me too many headaches these days.

stolenheron

Explorer
Nice looking truck. I am thinking I will be following you into Frontierland. My 01 Disco is giving me too many headaches these days.

you will love a frontier (or tacoma), but you will miss your Disco, guarenteed. I love this truck, but it is a very different beast from a discovery.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I'm currently looking at doing a 2000 Frontier. Bit of a different animal than the beauty you have, but I think it will suit my needs well. As an expedition rig, it's much better suited. More storage, much more reliable, better fuel mileage.

I know I will miss the Disco, it's been an awful struggle just trying to make the decision. As much as it drives me nuts fixing it all the time, I'm still in love with it. But I don't really trust it to not break on me. That sort of puts a damper on the whole "long distance travel" thing. :D

I think it will be a nice change. I've done my research, and it lets me have what I need while still being unique enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles