Springtime trail blazin...

my1stcummins

Adventurer
I was home from the great white north this last weekend and spent Monday exploring forest service roads off highway 20 near Baker Lake in the Mt.Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.

While any day exploring is a good day, many of the roads were still closed due to heavy snows this winter and if they were not gated with steel, the downed trees made them impassable.

This was the first time I had a chance to test my new sulastic shackles and Carli control arms. All in all the truck rode well, but I still aired down the tires just to play it safe. What I did find is that the control arms allow the suspension to cycle with so much ease that the Thuren soft ride coils that I have almost seem too soft and the truck wants to bottom out on bigger pot holes. Either the bumps tops were making contact or the Carli arms were knocking. When I was under my truck today I noticed that they were somewhat twisted in their resting state which seemed odd but perhaps that's what they want to do.

Today I finally made a bracket and installed the front air quick coupler in my bumper which I should have had before my trip.

Less talk, more pics.

Last edited:

my1stcummins

Adventurer
image-3_zpsa6b19a25.jpg

image-3_zps221a0ebb.jpg

image-3_zps6f3dc440.jpg

image-3_zps54de0172.jpg

image-3_zps0c7b434e.jpg

image-3_zps3026d08f.jpg

image-3_zps3c85b41b.jpg

image-3_zps18088a4e.jpg

image-3_zpsa59e4b75.jpg

image-3_zpsd2f829aa.jpg

image-3_zpsff71a99a.jpg

image-3_zps1f3a37be.jpg

image-3_zps809bb8cc.jpg

image-3_zpsb7f8608d.jpg

image-3_zps1659bdef.jpg

image-3_zpse191ff30.jpg

image-3_zps6790be0a.jpg

image-3_zpsd4e0984e.jpg

image-3_zpsd0526bb5.jpg

Last edited:

High_Country

Adventurer
Very nice. I have a white crew cab 2011 2500. I wish ARB would hurry up and come out with a bumper for the 4th gens! Yours looks great!

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I always like to carry a chainsaw when I go out on early season drives. We have a lot of out and back roads and I'm always afraid that a tree will come down behind me and I'd be trapped.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
The regulations may be different in AB or in what ever forest you're in in Washington, but I'm sure they would be fine with you cutting a fallen tree out of the road if it meant you could drive out safely and not be stranded.

bfdiesel

Explorer
We only need a permit to remove the tree from the forest not to cut it out of the trail or cut it up and burn it at camp.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Beautiful :Wow1:pics there Cummins! Looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip. It makes you want to get out in to the bush....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier