Recommend a rooftop cargo carrier for my LX470

Adventurer
Fellas can you show me what you guys are using if possible with a pic, prices, and places where you fellas got them from? Also if its interchangeable with other vehicles cause if able I would like to be able to use it on my 04 4Runner as well though it will be getting a basket of its own eventually, thus making the cargo carrier exclusive for the Hundy. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

sent from your moms Iphone using tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365679048951.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365679048951.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 57

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I don't have any pictures, but I plan on using my Yakima Skybox when needed for extra cargo capacity. I have used on two of my other cars with yakima load bars. I have not used on the LX yet, but I "assume" :)peepwall:) it will work with the factory rack.

Grundletaint

There are good deals on the Thule M.O.A.B. right now. Just took advantage of REI's recent 30% off sale and with my dividend it came out to 250.

The bajarack mule looks pretty awesome, too.

Ramjet

Explorer
If you want something that's universal go with a SkyBox from Thule or Yakima. But I would Putin frontrunner roof rack on. You can move it to other vehicles as well but have full modularity with it as well. All great suggestions above. Good luck and go with what fits in your budget and works for what you will use it for the most.

Ramjet

Explorer
If you want something that's universal go with a SkyBox from Thule or Yakima. But I would put a frontrunner roof rack on. You can move it to other vehicles as well but have full modularity with it as well. All great suggestions above. Good luck and go with what fits in your budget and works for what you will use it for the most.

Www.frontrunneroutfitters.com
www.yakima.com
www.thule.com

SmoothLC

Explorer
Sporting the Front Runner Wind Cheetah

attachment.php

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
get gamviti mounts and either make your own bars or buy a gamviti rack, then you don't have to worry about supporting anti ohv access places like rei and thule ;)

p nut

butter
get gamviti mounts and either make your own bars or buy a gamviti rack, then you don't have to worry about supporting anti ohv access places like rei and thule ;)

What's up with Gamiviti? Their site has just about every rack out of stock.

mph

Expedition Leader
Love my frontrunner slimline 2 rack...sweet and solid! Call Steve at fr...he will take care of u!

richmondbob

Adventurer
Yakima Skybox 16. Stayed at a cabin in March with my wife, two kids and niece and we had to bring up all our own bedding, clothes, food, etc. The Skybox was mounted to the factory crossbars and helped carry the load. Next time I'll mount it on Yakima (or Thule) crossbars as the box's mounting feet were too close to the roof paint for my taste on the factory bars.

See the happy people inside? That's because they're not buried in stuff that's up in the box instead.
IMG_1263.jpg

You can see how tight to the roof the box gets on the factory cross bars in this pic.
IMG_1268.jpg

Another angle showing the tightness.
IMG_1427.jpg

Adventurer
Richmond I think that's the route Im takin as well. Just gonna get a cargo carrier for the Hundy then probly the Yakima loadwarrior for the 4runner down the road. Thanx all for the input. Oh and would love the front runner but those things are expensive :0

82fb

Adventurer
Me experience is limited to the Thule 669 box. About 7 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 1.5 feet high. Holds a lot of stuff. I was originally worried that it would break when bouncing around off road. However, it has held up perfectly over two Dusy Ershim trips, and I drive pretty fast on the trail. I put all my lighter weight things in there, such as tent, sleeping bags, fold up chairs, etc. Leaves room inside the vehicle for everything else. Very nice to have a dry place up top to put things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles