The Muddy Mudskippermobile

Overland Hadley

on a journey
MuddyMudskipper said:
I had never paid any attention, but the hood on the Tacoma lends itself nicely to a blackout and I think it would look very nice. IMHO dechoming the grill would blend nicely.

De-chroming the grill eh. How exactly does one go about doing that?

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
MuddyMudskipper said:
Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this site doing an early a.m. Google search for nothing in particular and was quite fortunate having done so. The ExPo is awesome and has everything I like and then some!:wings:

Thanks for stopping by this thread and I look forward to many conversations with you guys!

Richard B.

Oh and I drive a Discovery which you can check with the link in my sig.

Welcome to ExPo. Glad you found us. Plan to stay here a while.

Nice looking truck. I'm always jealous of those Safety Devices roof racks. Aren't they hard to come by anymore?

bovw

Explorer
tdesanto said:
I'm always jealous of those Safety Devices roof racks. Aren't they hard to come by anymore?
They're around. I got one earlier in the month with 2 Hella 4000's and a Hi-Lift.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
tdesanto said:
Welcome to ExPo. Glad you found us. Plan to stay here a while.

ThankS!

bovw said:
They're around. I got one earlier in the month with 2 Hella 4000's and a Hi-Lift.

I agree.

tdesanto said:
Nice looking truck. I'm always jealous of those Safety Devices roof racks. Aren't they hard to come by anymore?

Genuine LR new are virtually impossible to find. Used ones are around but you have to search and sometimes shipping is a lot. What a friend of mine did is look around in his local classifieds for lease returns with the rack. He then went to the dealer and offered them $600 bucks for the rack and he remove it with his own tools. I was shocked but it worked out.

I hear that Safety Devices is going to start making parts again, if not you can get the repros from Northwest.com parts or Urbanoffroad.us. I've seen both and they are nice.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Are those skinny Toyo Mud Country's??? I hear great things about the Toyo's. Nice rig, very Black Ops eh.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
4Rescue said:
Are those skinny Toyo Mud Country's??? I hear great things about the Toyo's, but they only come in stupid poser wide sizes... Nice rig, very Black Ops eh.

Thanks!

Those tires are indeed skinny Open Country M/T's. I got the tires a year ago and I love them. Compared to the Super Swamper LTB's I had been running the Toyos were a marked improvement on-road without sacrificing the off-road performance I had been accustomed to. It took me a little while to get them because they were on a ridiculous B/O AND I was getting them directly from Toyo but they were well worth the wait.

D1 D2 Amit

Observer
MuddyMudskipper said:
ThankS!

I agree.

Genuine LR new are virtually impossible to find. Used ones are around but you have to search and sometimes shipping is a lot. What a friend of mine did is look around in his local classifieds for lease returns with the rack. He then went to the dealer and offered them $600 bucks for the rack and he remove it with his own tools. I was shocked but it worked out.
QUOTE]

Yo Rich,

You talking about me there? BTW I paid 500 :gunt:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
D1 D2 Amit said:
I agree.

MuddyMudskipper said:
What a friend of mine did is look around in his local classifieds for lease returns with the rack. He then went to the dealer and offered them $600 bucks for the rack and he remove it with his own tools. I was shocked but it worked out.

Yo Rich,

You talking about me there? BTW I paid 500 :gunt:

I stand corrected....he paid $500.

So why don't you tell us a little about your slyly obtained rack and truck Amit?
:shakin:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I had a near brush with a cheap SD rack. I stopped a lady in a parking lot to ask if she'd sell her SD rack. She said, "love to so I can get in the garage!" I offered $300 and she jumped at the offer. 3 hours later I met her at her house to find her husband sanding in the driveway shaking his head. No dice. He quickly bumped the price to $900. So, I keep looking.

......always travel with tools and a check book!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles