1998 Quigley 4x4 15 passenger van, converted to basecamp camper

chontos

This is a 1998 Ford Econoline E350 van that was converted to a 4x4 by Quigley.

Price is $11,000.00

Quigley 4x4 Camper Van.jpg

I have used this van as a backpacking basecamp van and am now looking into a different project. What started out as a standard 15 passenger van has been transformed into a backpackers basecamp with the following modifications.

-All rear seats have been removed from the van, and they have been replaced with a queen sized bed.
-Under the bed is a tremendous amount of storage for all of your gear. If camping with 4 adults, two adults can sleep ON the bed platform, while two adults can also sleep UNDER the bed platform, for the ultimate in stealth camping.
-Behind the rear seats is a rv style bench seat, that comfortably seats three adults. The rig seats a total of 5 people. I have also been able to use this bench seat as a bed for my 6 year old son, and have been able to convert the driver and passengers seat as a sleeping area for my 4 year old son.
-Exceptionally large and strong roof rack with rollers that allow easy transport of kayaks/canoes or additional materials. This roof rack can hold a ton of weight.
-The 4x4 conversion allows for this van to go just about anywhere.
-This is a passenger style van, which is nice when camping in the woods, as you can enjoy your surroundings with the wrap around windows.
-5.4 liter v8

Recent work completed on the van.
-All standard maintenance has been performed, fluids checked regularly, oil changed every 3,000 miles.
-New brakes in 2012
-Front end received new bushings, grease and was essentially rebuilt (receipts that show $2,000.00 worth of work)

The bad
-In 2012 my van was broken into, and my antenna, radio and dc/ac converter were stolen.
-The air conditioner seems to be struggling this season.
-The rear door is slightly out of alignment, it closes fine, it just is not perfectly aligned.
-The rear bumper is bent

If you are looking for a perfect van, this is not for you. If you are interested in a cool camping, boondocking, zombie apocalypse, bug out vehicle or end of the world van....this is it. This is NOT a project van; however, with some additional customizations it could be very cool ride. It gets looks everywhere it goes.

Mileage is about 150,000, and I do drive this van, so the mileage will vary.

Last edited:

chontos

Some Interior Pics (More to come)

quigley 4x4 van interior4.jpgquigley 4x4 van interior3.jpgquigley 4x4 van interior2.jpgquigley 4x4 van interior1.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale interior.jpg

Here are some interior pictures. Tan cloth, the interior has carpet throughout the van. From the passenger area back, the interior is more like a cargo van style, while in the cab the interior is like a standard passenger van.

You will note that the carpet is clean. I also have heavy duty rubber mats for the driver, and passenger seats, along with a rubber mat for the rear passengers as well.

You can see the whole in the dash where my radio and dc to ac converter had been installed. I have three car seats on the bench from my last trip, and will take those out to get better pictures of the interior for everyone.

I will also try to get some shots of any "problem areas."

chontos

All, the van is located in Roswell, GA.

There are more interior pics located below, and after taking more pictures, I am remembering the other awesome things about this van, and my customizations that I have grown to love.

1. Custom tan and green leave print cloth drapes for each window, they are kept in place with velcro. The drapes are very tasteful in design.
2. rv queen mattress
3. two 7 ft 4 inch thick foam pads to convert the area Under the bed into another bed (rv queen)
4. Tarp is installed in the storage area to keep the carpet from getting dirty.
5. The rv style bench seat, folds out into a bed, it requires an attachment...which I have.
6. There is one photo that shows the leg room, it is important for the buyer to understand that my knees and feet (size 13) are attached to my 6'5 body...I am not trying to tell a story about my size, I just want you to understand just how much room there really is. 5 full grown adults an easily and comfortably travel and camp out of this van.
7. The center console is removable, which makes it nice when camping.
8. I also have a custom table top which mounts (wedges) in between the two front seats perfectly.

quigley 4x4 van for sale 20.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale 19.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale 18.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale 17.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale 16.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale 15.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale 14.jpgqiuigley 4x4 van for sale 13.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale12.jpgquigley 4x4 van for sale 11.jpg

lam396

Adventurer
Still available? Does this van have rear heat/ac? Also, in one of the photos, it looks like the rear paneling is missing? Is it just a cargo van with windows? Does the bench seat have seatbelts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke