Trailer paint suggestions

klb67

Observer
I have another post with my trailer build pictures - a 4.5' x 6' utility/camping trailer. I'm looking for paint suggestions. I've painted a handfull of cars, have spray guns, etc. But it has been a number of years, and I know there are a bunch of new products out there.

Top coat should be a single stage - no need for base coat/clear coat. I'm leaning towards painting the frame, sides, inside, outside, etc. all the same color, possibly to add bedliner later. I want the paint to be tough, and I don't want to have to be repainting this in a few years. The trailer may sit outside for periods of time. I'll pay for better paint for those reasons.

Regarding color, I'm leaning towards a medium grey/silver/gunmetal. I have a body shop I'll be checking with, but thought I'd toss the question out to the forum.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I painted mine in the backyard on a sunny day "No wind"
Used premixed auto paint and It turned out well. " The red has not faded and looks good after years sitting outside.
Used a harbor freight 12.99 HVLP spray gun.
I cleaned out the gun after the job but for that price You don't feel bad tossing it.

fowldarr

Explorer
I used black enamel tractor paint and a roller on mine. Looks Alright, not great, but I'm just going to beat it up anyway.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Rust Olem makes a paint that comes in quarts that is a hammer style finish. It rolls on super thick and holds up extremely well along with hiding everything. Its almost run proof also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz