Latest from Seventeen by Six - on the road from Mexico to Argentina

Wiley

Adventurer
Can you please stop creating new threads, a. We cant subscribe and be notified if you dont have one main thread and b. it clutters up the in progress section. I am sure i am not the only one who would like to subscribe and follow along good luck with the adventure.

oops, sorry, didn't realise I was doing something wrong. Will look into how I can keep it all in one thread. Any clues welcome. Paula

Wiley

Adventurer
Awesome, not wrong, just not easily follow-able (and a bit disorganized)....I felt like a ******** asking...but by having one thread we can subscribe to it, and get instant email notifications of all updates, in one easy to find place. Regardless, as I said, enjoy the adventure! I am also driving a van and currently in Colombia though way behind you, so want to use your blog for ideas and up to date information on places to go. Muchas Gracias!

Edit:If you decide to do it, I would start one last new one to use as your trip report, with a title along the lines of "Seventeen by Six on the road from Mexico to Argentina" for all your updates. (You yourself can subscribe to that thread by clicking on "Thread Tools", and then "Subscribe to thread", found above your first post. Then when you come back with updates, just click "Quick Links" and then "Subscribed Threads" found near the top of any page, where all the options for the forum are. This will bring you to the list of threads you have subscribed to, which means you dont have to go looking for your old thread). As said this allows me to do the same, and subscribe to your thread here on Expo, where it then asks what type of notification is wanted, i.e. email notifications sent when you post a new update to the thread.

Last edited:
thanks! I will do this next time I do a blog post. I am still not clear how this method lets you know when we have updated the blog, but when I try it I am sure it will all become clear. It will only help with traffic to our site, I hope, so don't feel bad for pointing it out.
Where are you now? I still have to finish the Colombia camping map, need to add the last couple of weeks worth of campspots.
take care, Paula

thanks! I will do this next time I do a blog post. I am still not clear how this method lets you know when we have updated the blog, but when I try it I am sure it will all become clear. It will only help with traffic to our site, I hope, so don't feel bad for pointing it out.
Where are you now? I still have to finish the Colombia camping map, need to add the last couple of weeks worth of campspots.
take care, Paula

witt

Adventurer
Most people just reply to the thread with each new update. (The blue button at the bottom of the page labeled " + Reply to Thread"). You'll notice some traveler's threads have dozens of pages; they just keep adding to the same thread.

Wiley

Adventurer
Thanks. I am just outside Tayrona, but plan on hitting La Guajira and seeing how long I can handle the desert heat. I look forward to the camping update, but have learned from this trip what a huge pain it can be to keep a blog up to date while traveling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne