Project Alpha Bound II: Electric Boogaloo

ab1985

Explorer
I worked on my truck for a little while today. I like the way the storage is turning out. Just need to keep plugging away as I have time (I spend too much time playing :) ). I want to build/buy a swing out bumper similar to my 4Runner's, but we're about to close on a new house so no big purchases are in the cards. I really miss the table from my old bumper, and a light bulb went off today. Simple interim solution!

Progress:

LandCruiser003_zps2e82a972.jpg

LandCruiser005_zpscc57bb1b.jpg

LandCruiser006_zpscc1257ce.jpg

LandCruiser007_zpse3d09677.jpg

LandCruiser010_zpse1f4769a.jpg

LandCruiser012_zps02bc33be.jpg

LandCruiser001_zps5b61e55c.jpg

ElHefe

Excellent work. So there are two 40th anniversary editions in sage with the CampTEQ set up? That's awesome.

Where in Nashville are you? I'm driving through to see my sister in Clarksville.

ab1985

Explorer
Excellent work. So there are two 40th anniversary editions in sage with the CampTEQ set up? That's awesome.

Where in Nashville are you? I'm driving through to see my sister in Clarksville.

I think you're referring to my post above which was admittedly confusing. 60Dan took that picture of my truck at GSMTR. The pic is definitely his and I like it and wanted to acknowledge that. Btw, check out his diesel 80 build here. His rig won best at show that weekend in a very strong crowd.

Clarksville is a little ways out of town, but PM me if you're coming through and want to grab a beer.

ab1985

Explorer
I owe Tennessee80 a beer too.
He camped with us at GSMTR, too. I was on my way back from a shower one morning and hadn't had my coffee yet when I saw this. I did a double take and for a split second I thought I may have lost a bet the night before.

ab1985

Explorer
Life has been hectic, and I've been slacking on documentation. We had fun at Overland Expo East in the fall, and I drove some of the deepest river crossings I ever hope to encounter over New Years with the STLCA crew. Both weekends were ridiculously wet to the point I didn't really take pictures.

I'm gearing up for a trip with my daughter in July, and have a list of things I need to accomplish to get to the next stage. I'll report back over the next month or two with progress.

ab1985

Explorer
So, I've been traveling a lot for work over the past year and have not had as much time as I would have liked for the truck. No end in sight, but I am trying to get a few updates done for a trip in July. Up to this point I've loaded the spare on the roof for extended travel. The game plan all along was to eventually move to a swing out. I don't love swing out tire carriers, but it's the best option for my situation.

I went with a single swing out from 4x4 Labs. I really dug the table I had on my 4Runner bumper, and the plan is to do something similar with this one so I opted for this vs. the more popular dual swing outs. To each his own.

I also pulled the flares. Jury is still out on how I'll proceed there, but the seals and clear coat on the flares were on bad shape so I decided they had to go. I like the skinny looks so far.

A couple of pics:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior