{ST34LTH} F250 Overland Recreation Support Vehicle

st34lth

All,

Lurking for a while and decided now was the time to introduce my "MPORSV" or "Multi-Purpose Overland Recreation Support Vehicle". Unlike some of the folks with dedicated trail monsters, my goal is to get the family to the fun with as many toys as possible. The truck has been a work in progress for a bit and the current state is as follows.

8629214837_2b69988a27_b.jpg

Dont let the scale fool you, thats a 6" lift and 37" tires. The box on back is a contractor top with the ladder rack and a yakima load warrior mounted on top.

8535008900_8bd33ce3b0_b.jpg

Up front is some bling hiding a 12k winch and about 5,000 lumens of Rigid LED goodness. Just poking out you can see the (necessary) steering stabilizer.

wyattsf150

Miss the 6.0? My dad has one and I don't think hed have the same feeling. Actually the 6.0 is part of the reason why I purchased my v10 what's your reasoning for missing it?

Humvette

Adventurer
Love it keep the pics coming :)

I have a 2008 as well and I just love it. I am building mine the same way :). No lift yet

BurbanAZ

Explorer
awesome rig, great overall stance. I love the Rigid LED lights. I just have 2 of the Dually D2s, ill eventually get more of their stuff.

NothingClever

Explorer
Truck above looks pretty slick! Congrats on getting the project done or at least done enough to show it off a little.

I went with the 4.5" suspension lift and 35" tires. I'm hoping it looks like a slightly smaller version of yours.

I dunno...I'm thinking I'm going to love my 6.0L as soon as we get it to Bulletproof Diesel in Mesa, Arizona for some engine work. I think it'll be a great truck after I deal with Ford's crappy EGR and some other vulnerabilities. It's a 2005 with only 53,000 miles on it and a clean bill of OASIS health from a certified diesel technician who knows all about the 6.0L engine and BPD parts. He seemed pretty jazzed about the truck which was a hobby horse truck for hay runs in Texas. Although I would love to have scored a 7.3L, they're pretty tough to find if you're on a timeline. Plus, I've consoled myself with having tremendously more suspension options with the coil-sprung front suspension.

st34lth

4.5 and 35s should look great. Any ideas for tires?

Truck above looks pretty slick! Congrats on getting the project done or at least done enough to show it off a little.

I went with the 4.5" suspension lift and 35" tires. I'm hoping it looks like a slightly smaller version of yours.

I dunno...I'm thinking I'm going to love my 6.0L as soon as we get it to Bulletproof Diesel in Mesa, Arizona for some engine work. I think it'll be a great truck after I deal with Ford's crappy EGR and some other vulnerabilities. It's a 2005 with only 53,000 miles on it and a clean bill of OASIS health from a certified diesel technician who knows all about the 6.0L engine and BPD parts. He seemed pretty jazzed about the truck which was a hobby horse truck for hay runs in Texas. Although I would love to have scored a 7.3L, they're pretty tough to find if you're on a timeline. Plus, I've consoled myself with having tremendously more suspension options with the coil-sprung front suspension.

Truck is under a major reconstruction and will be losing the cap

60toyetero

Adventurer
old tread but sick truck.. where did you get that canopy from? been looking around everywhere for one for my truck and I can't run into any!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior