Chariot Trailer Camper Build

richcz28

If you look close you will notice that the wheel place sold me one six lug and one five lug. They loaded them up for me and I never looked. I guess I will be going back tomorrow. Mounted my spare up for now.

8ypahura.jpg

yge5udu6.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I think the tire shop owes you a discount for the extra run around time!

They should have caught that one!

richcz28

I may have missed this, does it have a torsion axle? Seems close to the body if not.

Bob

Yep torsion axle. It was originally torsion and I put in a new one with a drop angle,lift brackets, brakes and an e-brake potentially. with all the lift its like having portals.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
That is one of the things I really like about the torsion axles, up and down movement only, the one side does not affect the other. I really like the looks of it, and I bet it will get great mileage behind the trailer. Very aerodynamic.

Bob

richcz28

Wheels take 2

ybyjeqa5.jpg

and a paint sample. The color is called fossil. It was the only tan in cheap rust oleum at Home Depot. It has a decent matte finish.

hyqa3evu.jpg

richcz28

Are you removing the hardware and trim to paint the trailer or does it all get the same color?

Everything will be getting the same color. I may tape off the black trim line that runs around the waist. The aluminum trim is fairly tarnished anyways. The trailer is just getting spray bombed so if I don't like it I can always just spray it again later.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Sounds good!
I have done good work with a 12.99 Harbor Freight HVLP gun and thinned Oil base paint.
Covers fast low over spray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier