Ceramic Clear Coat Spray paint

Nikson

Explorer
Anyone got any info on this?

looking to use the ceramic clear coat to paint over my wheels/rims to minimize scratching/chipping as much as possible,

I know its out there... but where...???

java

Expedition Leader
For the chip resistance of the ceramic, it needs to be baked. Can be done in a standard oven.... Dont ask me how i know :)

Doesn't actually smell as bad as you would expect it to. My wife didn't notice when she got home.

Revco

Adventurer
Plasti Dip comes in clear. It's not very resistant to scratches, but if you put enough coats on it, it should keep the smaller stuff from contacting the factory finish. If it gets torn up or ugly, just peel it off like a sticker. I used it to keep from getting chips on the lower valance of my '56 Ford F100 custom truck, worked great, was invisible, and was easy to remove and reapply.

apalmer

Adventurer
For the chip resistance of the ceramic, it needs to be baked. Can be done in a standard oven.... Dont ask me how i know :)

Doesn't actually smell as bad as you would expect it to. My wife didn't notice when she got home.

That is so toxic, it's not even funny. You should clean that stove out, ASAP.

Nikson

Explorer
Plasti Dip comes in clear. It's not very resistant to scratches, but if you put enough coats on it, it should keep the smaller stuff from contacting the factory finish. If it gets torn up or ugly, just peel it off like a sticker. I used it to keep from getting chips on the lower valance of my '56 Ford F100 custom truck, worked great, was invisible, and was easy to remove and reapply.

Have thought about that, just not sure how it would turn out on the look of the wheel thou... I guess will just have to try...

Revco

Adventurer
They sell it at Lowes/Home Depot among other places, in spray cans. The clear looked, well, clear when I used it as paint protection on the gloss white paint of my old truck, I was probably the only person who noticed it. I peeled it off like dead skin about a year after I sprayed it and reapplied it, didn't affect the paint whatsoever, but certainly protected it from rock chips and big bugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne