Hankook Tires...

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I have Hankook DynaproMT RT03 285/65/17 on my FJCruiser.

Increased Road Noise due to wear? Like other MT tires

RauschCreek2008018.jpg

Less noise then other MUD Terrain Tires, also when you are coming to a stop you do not feel driving in marbles like the others!:wings:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
The distributor I work with sells LOTS of the RT03's, many go on oilfield trucks. And they are NOT gentle on the tires. ;)
The tend to last somewhat longer on the gravel roads, they don't chunk out as badly as most other brands.
I like them a lot, might go with some 245/75R16 C-ply for my Durango, but they aren't as cheap to me as the Firestone M/T's.

mrstang01

Adventurer
Just put a set of 265/75/16's on the Suburban today. I wish they came in the 255/85/16 size we all love, but no such luck. Love the way they look so far.

Michael

D

DEEZLPWR

I have 235/85-16 on my Rover, they replaced Trxus MT. I replaced the Trxus because of two highway issues with blowouts. They are showing less wear and are much quieter then the Trxus.

Here are pictures of the last blowout with the Trxus tire. It happen at 65mph with very little lose of control. I guess Rovers are better with blowouts them Ford Explorers.

I like them, a lot!!!

My question is What have you done as far as going offroad, at what pressures etc etc... Not sure what caused the wear mark on the tire in the same spot that it broke free. I am looking into getting these tires for my rig and dont want to get something that will kill me so on and such.

Ive been reading alot about these tires blowing out but no one has offered up what they were doing before or during the life of the tire. "always the tires fault" is what im reading when failures happen but there are people running these and beating the hell out of them with no problems...

maXTERRA

Adventurer
Got a set of Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 315/75R16's on my F350 powerstroke crewcab a couple weeks ago, and I LOVE them!

Have had some BFG AT's, (soft sidewall/too much flex for trailer towing) and a couple sets of Big-O AT's since then.
Really nice quiet and firm/responsive ride and excellent balance for such a large tire. Out in a lot of heavy snow today, and for an AT, did quite well too.
Got them for just over $200 ea from Les Schwab, which was cheaper than anybody else in the area.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
My question is What have you done as far as going offroad, at what pressures etc etc... Not sure what caused the wear mark on the tire in the same spot that it broke free. I am looking into getting these tires for my rig and dont want to get something that will kill me so on and such.

Ive been reading alot about these tires blowing out but no one has offered up what they were doing before or during the life of the tire. "always the tires fault" is what im reading when failures happen but there are people running these and beating the hell out of them with no problems...

I assume you're talking about the Interco Trxus tires?

Obviously I can't comment on the tire pressures etc. anyone has been running on the Trxus' but from my experience, Interco has historically had some issues with quality control across their whole spectrum of tires.
A previous distributor I worked for had TONS of their tires come back for warranty issues. I've personally seen tires that were shipped from their warehouse/factory that had obvious defects in the carcass of the tire.

Interco tires have their place for sure, I have a set of 42's on my offroad buggy.
To be honest though, it's pretty unlikely I would ever run them on a daily driver, or any vehicle that would see any highway use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles