If you have awnings... check em after the spring storms

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
We had some major storms roll through this week. LOTS of rain. I had my trailer outside because I have been trying to go through it and remove stuff I don't need as I have time.

Today I went outside to move it and my awning enclosure looked weird. I opened the zipper and about a gallon at least of water came out. I am glad I caught it now or it would be solid mold in a couple weeks.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Hadn't though of that... Mine has an alum cover, but it does have the ability keep water. I haven't noticed it do it yet, but I meant to drill some drain holes last year and forgot. I guess I should check that out before my first trip.

-

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Hadn't though of that... Mine has an alum cover, but it does have the ability keep water. I haven't noticed it do it yet, but I meant to drill some drain holes last year and forgot. I guess I should check that out before my first trip.

-

about 1/4 gallon found it's way under my lid too... :snorkel: I'm glad I checked as I had a couple items slightly damp that shouldn't be.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
My cover leaked a bit last fall before I took it off for the winter... already had a little mildew. Cleaned it up but it still has a few stains.

Bummed.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Well crap. I guess I am going to have to tarp the trailer or store it indoors even in summer. Just a light rain filled the awning cover up :mad: I don't even know when it rained last, must have happened when I was out of town for work last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior