New Four Wheel UTE Flat Bed Model Coming Soon ...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Very very nice, guys.

Tom,
Can you still do a "double slide-out" for the bed on a Hawk? My 6'5" frame needs a king bed...
I can see this happening to my Power Wagon eventually.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Can we have some more info on the work you (AT Overland) did with the flatbed.

What would the cost be for the work you did with the Ute bed? Did you use the factory Ute bed mounting or is it spring mounted? What are the details on the under tray boxes you built?

Thanks.

The Tacoma arrived with the bed on heavy duty OME suspension and a front bumper. AT removed the bed and fitted the flat tray, removed the rear bumper, manufactured a new rear bumper, installed new rear lights, and re located the rear camera. Installed an air bag kit to the rear suspension, installed the camper, added a rear rack for fuel cans and Maxtrax. We installed an Airflow America snorkel, and Bajadesign LED driving lights. The final step was designing four under bed storage boxes, they were manufactured locally, and then installed.

The full pictorial story is here.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Is the second battery under the hood or in the camper itself?
If it is under the hood how/where is it mounted?

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I saw this rig listed for sale on fwcjh website. Why is it for sale now? Onto the next great project?

Denny@fwcjh

Observer
I want to build a "demo" Hawk for the Expo next year!
We will have the Hawk and Grandby floor plan up on the fwcjh.com website in the next week or two!!

Last edited:

milo12

Adventurer
Where can I see the floorplan for the Grandby? I found the Hawk Floorplan and the drawing that shows the Grandby is 16 inches longer than the Hawk but no Grandby floorplan.

JBahr

The floor plan for all three model sizes (Fleet, Hawk, & Grandby) is essentially the same. Compared to the Fleet, the Hawk gains 5 inches in the width, but the layout is still the same. Again, compared to the Fleet, the Grandby gains the 5 inches in width but also 16 inches in length. The extra length is added in at the dinette area of the camper, while the kitchen remains the same size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier