Hello from Down Under

Chucaro

Adventurer
Has to be the County 110 with Isuzu 4BD1 3.9 (in which a fit a turbo) or a Tdi 300.
If it is a Tdi 300 a dual cab 130 or a wagon (4 doors) 110 will do. Whatever I can find in a good condition
In the case of the County 110 the best model is the 1986/86 which comes with the Isuzu 4BD1 3.9 normal aspirated. The strengths of the body and rear axles are superior to the Defender.
Obviously the County cost about A$ 10,000 less that a Defender Tdi300 96/98 models and the idea is to use the $ 10000 towards rebuilding the County, fit disc brakes all around and the turbo. If the County is in a reasonable condition I can finish with a very good rig.
The Isuzu 4BD1 (with a fitted turbo) or the later model 4BD1T (turbo) have heaps more power and torque than the Tdi 300 and is indestructible.
Cheers

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Great to have you here on ExPo...welcome!
A trip to Oz is definitely on my "Bucket List."
Someday, someday!

safari.gif

Chucaro

Adventurer
Thanks for the comments, members of the portal should start planning a expedition Down Under 2009.
Cheers and all the best in 2008

overlander

Expedition Leader
Welcome from Up Over! Love Australia so much, I named my first daughter Sydney. I've been twice, and can't wait to go back again.

I know it's hard for most to believe what Oz is really like compared to how it's depicted in the movies, but most of it is spot on (except for Fosters..everyone down there drinks Victoria Bitter). On my first trip to Oz, I was driving with a friend up the east coast from Sydney to Brizbane, and we hit a kangaroo with our rental car in broad daylight! They act just like rabbits on the road (and they taste good too). I've had an ARB on every rig I've owned since then.

P.S. when I first got to Australia, and saw taxies with snorkels on them, I knew that I had reached my mecca. Everyone on this post needs to go at some point.

Chucaro

Adventurer
Thanks for your comments Overlander. I would love to see photos of your rig. The 2.8 is a very good engine, more powerful than 2.5 Tdi 5 cyl.
It would be one of my choices if not was so expensive here. If I purchase the County I will go for the Isuzu 4BD1T which is very good as well.
I live 450 km north of Brisbane, 200 meters from 17 km of beach.
In my page www.pbase.com/arthurplottier are few sunrise images of this beach.
Cheers and come down !

overlander

Expedition Leader
Chucaro said:
Thanks for your comments Overlander. I would love to see photos of your rig. The 2.8 is a very good engine, more powerful than 2.5 Tdi 5 cyl.
It would be one of my choices if not was so expensive here. If I purchase the County I will go for the Isuzu 4BD1T which is very good as well.
I live 450 km north of Brisbane, 200 meters from 17 km of beach.
In my page www.pbase.com/arthurplottier are few sunrise images of this beach.
Cheers and come down !

Thanks and can't wait to get back there. One of my anticipated future trips is to take my 2 daughters back to the Brisbane zoo so they can feed the kangaroo's. What an awesome zoo that was. First and only time I held a koala.

I also have to say you are one hell of a photographer. Those beach photo's are worthy of framing. If it wasn't for the salt water crocs and box jellies, I could spend the rest of my life on that beach (I guess the public warning signs are farther inland?)

I don't have a lot of pics of my 110 yet. Only had it for a year, after having it restored and converted. Here's a few pics of my first and only 4wd outing with it. http://www.box.net/shared/l53stli7q8

Now I'm dreaming about VB again...damn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles