Hello from Down Under

Chucaro

Adventurer
I am really enjoying being a member of this forum, the great people and the information available.
Being with my wife addicted to the life on the road and exploring this beautiful country, enjoying my nature photography hobby we started touring with BMW R 100 then a R850r towing a trailer for 8 month trip and the last bike the superb R1150GS.
Looking for more comfort and taken into consideration that when we hit the ground we are not bouncing back like as we used to do we made the logical choice: a Land Rover.
We purchased a Discovery I Tdi 300 1998 manual in excellent condition.
We fitted Bilstein shocks and King springs all around lifting the car 40mm above the standard height. Factory bullbar and towing bar came with the vehicle when purchased.
Inside we fitted a cargo barrier, storage shelving, second battery, and the 50 lts Waeco fridge.
We are touring with our dog, a Great Pyrenean. Sometimes we wonder if we have to go for a Defender to have more room, therefore we don’t need to tow the trailer with our camping gear.
Cheers
Arthur

original.jpg

Chucaro

Adventurer
bovw said:
Welcome, nice Disco and gallery too.
Thanks David for your kind comment.
I am looking into in converting the Disco as an exploring vehicle in the near future. A trip of 15000 km south east coming next March
Cheers

bovw

Explorer
Chucaro said:
Thanks David for your kind comment.
I am looking into in converting the Disco as an exploring vehicle in the near future. A trip of 15000 km south east coming next March
Cheers
Hope we're going to see a writeup on the trip. I know everyone here would be interested.

Last edited:

Chucaro

Adventurer
MuddyMudskipper said:
mmmmmmmmmm....300TDi. Oh to live where diesels are available.

Welcome to the portal.
Thanks, come down Oz is a beautiful country. It is a pity that I sold my BMW R1150GS, other ways we can ride together. :)
You have a good taste, Land Rover & KTM :clapsmile
Cheers

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Chucaro said:
Thanks, come down Oz is a beautiful country.

LOL!!! I know, I was there for four months a while back. I spent my time in Adelaide then Gosford. I love it down there and would like to stay for a much longer time. I tried to get the company I used to work for to open an office down there to service one of the larger warehouse distributors but it was to no avail. :D

Chucaro said:
It is a pity that I sold my BMW R1150GS, other ways we can ride together. :)

You have a good taste, Land Rover & KTM

Thank you! The Bimmer was my first choice but the nearest dealer is over an hour away and the KTM was just so lovely.:roost:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Welcome

Glad you found and joined ExPo.

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about the trips you take and the build of the Disco 1.

Cheers,

TD

Chucaro

Adventurer
I have seen your Landy, looks great.
How many Toymotas & Pootrols had you rescued lately? :)
If I keep my Disco (not going to a Defender) I am considering fitting a roof rack and a roof tent for my long trips.
I do not do extreme 4wd, just reaching isolated places for photography is my kind of 4wd.
Cheers

Chucaro

Adventurer
tdesanto said:
Glad you found and joined ExPo.

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about the trips you take and the build of the Disco 1.

Cheers,

TD
Thank you, within the next 2 month I will know if I keep it or get a Defender. The problem with the Disco is luck of room other ways is a beauty for off road. The wheelbase is spot on.
Cheers

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Chucaro said:
I have seen your Landy, looks great.
How many Toymotas & Pootrols had you rescued lately? :)
If I keep my Disco (not going to a Defender) I am considering fitting a roof rack and a roof tent for my long trips.
I do not do extreme 4wd, just reaching isolated places for photography is my kind of 4wd.
Cheers

Thank you. What kind of Defender are you considering?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles