Action Packer Source?

TheThom

Adventurer
I see that Rubbermaid brand Action Packers seem to be by far the preferred storage bin source. Everywhere I look they are expensive. Is there some super-secret expedition outlet that has them more reasonably priced, or do you guys just spend hundreds on them?

If you don't want to spill the beans on the super-secret-society-of-expedition-deals (SSSED) then you can PM and I'll keep it secret and keep it safe :)

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
no idea where to find them cheaper - but have a Q to you chaps next time your shopping

I was looking at bringing some 8gallon ones back on a plane next time I'm in the US

Do they sort of stack inside each other if you take the lids off ?

ie I'd rather ship 6- than just one for the extra bag charge

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
I got most of mine at Wal-Mart, but I don't know if they carry them any more.

summerprophet

Adventurer
I get the little ones at Fred Meyer in the Garden supply area. I think I paid about $15 bucks each at the end of the season. I fill them full of sand and set them over my axles in the winter.

Mud Dawg

Observer
My Wally World quit carrying them, but they switched to a cheaper one (no-name brand) with a hinged lid that I actually prefer. FWIW.

Last edited:

/dev/m416

/dev/yj tow vehicle
The last couple I bought were online WW - see Mark's link above, much cheaper than any store pricing by about $20. Four of the 35 gal. size fit perfectly in an M416 trailer! Reminds me of Joe vs. the Volcano and the steamer trunks... :)

takesiteasy

Adventurer
Is there some super-secret expedition outlet that has them more reasonably priced, or do you guys just spend hundreds on them?
The first two (big ones) I bought at Costco for $20 each- haven't seen them there since. The second two (smaller ones) I bought at Lowe's for $20 each.

WahooCreek

My Wally World quit carrying them, but they switched to a cheaper one (no-name brand) with a hinged lid that I actually prefer. FWIW.

Same at my local Walmart, so I bought the ones you mentioned with the hinged lid and have been please thus far.

Wal mart has no store sales anymore, there is a Coleman stackable ice chest storage box that is great for storage fits well in the cruiser, Action packers are scarce,

John E Davies

Adventurer
Where are you in Washington? I see tons of these in all sizes at the Big R ranch supply stores here in The Best Side, I mean The Don't Move Here Side, I mean The Dry Side of the state.....

http://www.bigrstore.com/store-locations

As a matter of fact, I was in my local Big R not three hours ago and passed a huge stack of Action Packers.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

TheThom

Adventurer
I'm on Whidbey Island. I think nearest source is the REI in Bellingham, but I won't have a chance for the hour or so drive just for action packers anytime soon since I'm still on crutches from ankle surgery. Local Wal Mart doesn't have any

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94