2007 FG140 engine error code

olsurfer

Observer
Does any one here have experience with the error codes that show up when the truck is plugged into an automotive diagnostic computer?
I'm getting an error code #P0335B which might indicate a faulty crankshaft sensor that feeds the engine injectors.
I've called the Mitsu dealer folks in San Fran and I'm somewhat dismayed by their lack of ability to tell me what's going on here and how to fix the problem.
Thanks,
Dean

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Found this in the manual Its a bit hard to read my cut and paste from the pdf.:

P0335: Engine Revolution Sensor (warning lamp flashes: 15)
Generation condition:Actual rail pressure is high even with delivery rate of zero; or actual rail pressure is above standard value.
Recoverability:
System recovers (power is re-supplied to electronic control unit) if signal becomes normal when starter switch is turned OFF → ON.
Control effected by electronic control unit
• Injection quantity is limited. (Output is reduced.)
• Exhaust gas recirculation control and throttle control are stopped.
Inspection
Other
Supply pump (Have work performed by Bosch Automotive Systems.)
Generation condition
Engine speed sensor emits no pulses or too many pulses.
Recoverability
System recovers if signal becomes normal with starter switch in ON position.
Control effected by electronic control unit
Control is effected using cylinder recognition sensor. (Output decreases owing to reduced control accuracy.)
Inspection
Service data
01: Engine Revolution
Electronic control unit connector
06 : Engine speed sensor
Electrical equipment
#263: Engine speed sensor
Electric circuit diagram
Engine speed sensor system

Here is the diagnostic info for checking the resistance if the speed sensor:
[Conditions]
• Starter switch OFF
• Disconnect connector. Perform inspection on vehicle-side connector. [Requirements]
Terminals: A10-A9
• 860 ± 86 kΩ (20°C {68°F})

FWIW - I used to drive a Ford F350 with 7.3 and they had chronic problems with CPS failures. I carried spares and it was an easy fix. The truck would stutter like a misfire then it would die. Tach would go to zero instantly. Whenever it started to stutter I would look for a place to pull over because I knew what was coming. Ford eventually redesigned the CPS and did a recall. They even swapped my collection of spares for new ones but I never had to use them.

I have not had this problem with my Fuso but it should be a simple fix. The sensor looks like a simple magnetic pickup from what I can tell from the manual (but can seem to grab a picture from). I'll keep looking for a location for it and will post if I can find it. I'd go look at my truck but it is safely in my shop in Oregon and I am in Southern California enjoying some sunshine for a few days.

I agree with Lance's recommendation to talk to The Truck Stop. They have a sister dealer in Portland (Portland Mitsubishi Fuso) that I have dealt with.

The number in Portland is: (503)467-4040 Talk to Darren or Vitali. They can ship you a sensor directly.

Good Luck
Buckstopper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles