tie down points

hidefxj

Observer
Gents,
I have seen a few builds where people have welded tie down points to their trailers. I can't seem to find this style so I can only assume they are home brewed.
They seem to be about a 6 in long round stake bent to a 45 degree angle in the center then bent opposite to 45 degrees where they come in contact with the trailer.
Make sense?
Anyone have any info?
Thanks.

hesterj

Adventurer
I got a dozen of them the other day from my local welding/metal supply yard. The guy behind the counter called them "jeep straps".
I honestly think he made that name up after seeing me crawl out of my wrangler by the front door. They cost me about .50 cents each iirc.

Here is the link to his store if you run out of options local to you. Good luck
http://phillipsweldingsupply.com/Home.aspx

klb67

Observer
Google "safety chain weld on" and look at images. You should see some options in case you can't find them local. Tweak the search and you get some other suppliers.

I am thinking of using the same thing. Anyone know what the load rating might be? Could they handle tying down a lawn tractor?

John E Davies

Adventurer
While the weld-on loops are cheap, they are not flexible, so you have to add a bunch of them.

I much prefer an aluminum track system with at least half a dozen moveable anchors. It is much MUCH more useful and satisfying for frequent use. Plus it adds a serious amount of bling. Weld on loops are so darn basic.....

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

hidefxj

Observer
Thanks to all of you!
I googled it in the beginning and got everything but what I wanted. I don't really need a whole lot of flexibility due to the small nature and configuration of the trailer.
Much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz