Expedition Trailers

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Any experience with expedition trailers anyone?

I mounted my Maggiolina Adventure roof tent on my small 4x6' ute trailer and created my own, low budget "back yard expedition" trailer. Due to its simple and rugget construction with leave springs, decent ground clearance - I made a SOA lift and "upgraded" to 13" tires and most of all its light weight, it works surprisingly well on most trails. Empty, two people can lift it and shift it around if necessary. I the worst case, I unhook it, get the Jeep over the obstacle and the drag the trailer with a come-along

Other advantage is abundant space under the Maggiolina for water cans, boxes with gears and cumbersome articles. On the Maggiolina a bike rack can carry a couple bikes without the whole thing getting too high. And mpg still is better than with the Maggiolina on the roof. Other advantage: it is a lot easier to unhook the trailer when not needed than getting the 120 lb tent on and of the roof...

Any other people with experience with trailers off road?

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the link. Where the heck did you guys hide that great thread? Well, note to myself: Use search function! ;)

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Nullifier said:
how about a pic of your trailer!
I hardly have any pictures of the Jeep or the trailer, I will take some when I'm back home. Right now I'm stuck in a hotel on a business trip.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Hey!

Did I just stumble on the Ultimate Expedition Trailer >?!!!!!....hehe:shakin: .......:elkgrin:

Just Kidding!....:eek: :chowtime: :ylsmoke: :eatchicke :cool:

concession_DSCF3180.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles