Buckstopper's FG Build

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Well, time has come to sell our Fuso and the Hallmark Camper. We have had a lot of fun with it and it has carried us to Alaska, up through the Canadian Rockies and BC as well as numerous trips through the western US. I thought I should update this thread so interested folks can read the whole story of our truck and camper.

Here's a link to the for sale post (SOLD):

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...0-with-hallmark-flatbed-camper-120-000.234657

Last edited:

Greenbarn

Love this build! It’s Dan VanIsland Fuso, I came to see you at Overland Expo PNW and every time I stopped by you were out. I hope the sale goes well.

Buckstopper

Adventurer
I have had some questions about the spare tire lift here are the details. The tire is secured on a pivot arm in travel mode. Note the Fuso lug nut welded to the little arm just above the pivot point. Read on to find out what that does.
IMG_2851.jpg

Harbor Freight ATV winch with remote control lifts the arm with attached tire to the pivot point then you reverse the cable direction to spooling out so the tire lowers. Note the spinner that hold the tire in place. If you are in the construction industry you will recognize the spinner is the foot and adjuster from a piece of steel scaffolding. I love repurposing stuff...

IMG_2852.jpg

When its all the way to the ground you remove the spinner and roll the tire to to where its needed. No lifting.

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

The lug nut welded above the pivot point allows you to use a socket wrench to pivot the wheel out manually if the winch fails. A word of caution on manual operation. Don't lean on the wrench to put your weight into it because you can pop a rib i the process. Don't ask me how I know this.

Here's a little more detail of the winch mount and high pully that is how the tire is lifted and lowered:
IMG_2853.jpg

Hope this helps

Buckstopper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior