Our first trip out

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Basically the first time ever towing anything in my life. Thought i'd share.

Thanks again Mario. You just made my year buddy. We'll make you proud!

calicofirsttripmg4.jpg

img0940xe3.jpg

img0944lh2.jpg

trailer6kk7.jpg

s5031196ns9.jpg

32ei7.jpg

lakebedwaterat0.jpg

img6721copyjq4.jpg

cimg3065copysx5.jpg

cimg3090copygs8.jpg

Last edited:

LAW

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Basically the first time ever towing anything in my life. Thought i'd share.

Thanks again Mario. You just made my year buddy. We'll make you proud!
nice trailer!

i hate towing

i drive a 53,000 lb truck almost every day and can parallel park a 53' big rig...

yet i cannot back a small/medium trailer for anything :D (the only thing keeping me from an expedition trailer)

spressomon

Expedition Leader
LAW said:
nice trailer!

i hate towing

i drive a 53,000 lb truck almost every day and can parallel park a 53' big rig...

yet i cannot back a small/medium trailer for anything :D (the only thing keeping me from an expedition trailer)

Believe me if I can back a Horizon up you can! Like you said getting cozy backing these short trailers up is a tall project...for me at least. I have feared getting to the end of a dead end trail and having to back the thing out. Well...about 2-months ago I was out hunting and rolled along a narrow ledge above a reservoir. As the narrow ledge trail wound up and around the reservoir it came to a blind end at a locked gate: Damn. And I was by myself. No choice as it was 100' down a steep embankment to the reservoir or back the thing all the way back out 1/4+ mile. It took me over an hour to back up and around that ledge. I only had 12" on each side of the rig and in some spots less than that with blind corners, uphill, rock wall on one side, BIG drop on the other side. A total beeotch for sure. But boy did I get better backing the Horizon up after that ordeal!

Willman

Love the shots and the new trailer!!!

cimg3090copygs8.jpg

Holy cow batman!!!!.......How many spare tires does a guy need?....Or the trailer has a diff. bolt pattern???

Scott & Chris (ExpeditionWest) only took i think one to the Arctic......

:shakin:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
SOCALFJ- I LOVE your rig!
The trailer is the perfect addition.:luxhello:

HOWEVER, if you attach one more piece of equipment (you have TWO Fiamma awnings?!) I'm worried the Adventure Duo might get mistaken for:
435172344_953202f42d_b.jpg

or possibly this guy:
367014718_7edcd4d465.jpg

:jump:

J/K... Keep up the good work!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Looking good Dave. I like the pics and review of the AT's features on your site.

I would designate a Sunday afternoon in the parking lot at work, just practicing backing up and reversing scenarios. A single axle trailer may be the hardest thing to get used to backing up.

FWIW, turn the steering wheel only a 1/4 of a turn at a time when backing up. Backing up a single axle is one of those things you figure out quickly when you do it a lot. When you're not doing it often, it seems like you have to re-learn all over again.

Happens to me at the beginning of every winter...:rolleyes:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
On backing up short WB trailers I've found that small turn increments, then going back to straight works pretty good as long as you roll slowly. At least it does with a 129" WB tow rig and a 60" trailer......

Dave, I think I recognized almost all of those locations. I like that stretch in Phillips above where you turned across the gully heading to Kramer's Arch. Good primer to get the juices flowing.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Willman said:
Holy cow batman!!!!.......How many spare tires does a guy need?....Or the trailer has a diff. bolt pattern???

Scott & Chris (ExpeditionWest) only took i think one to the Arctic......

:shakin:

hahahhaa, yeah the trailer is a Jeep 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern right now. The spare up on the rack was for the trailer. Once we switch over the hubs we'll be back to only 2 spares.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Spares galore!

Very cool set up. Did you purchase or rent? I take it you purchased it by the other replies. Great stuff either way.
Cheers,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles