Stereo in a Expedition Trailer?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Im not big into tunes in the field... cause i love the quiet peaceful nature. But that being said, every once in a while it's nice to play some music while playing horseshoes or having a nice after dinner drink around the fire (since i dont play the guitar lol).

Anyone installed a stereo in their trailer? (not a hard install, just looking for ideas) My buddy saw a Horizon with a full water proof marine grade setup. I was thinking maybe small circular outdoor speakers flush mounted on both sides with A/B switch depending upon which side camp is on?

Im not doing anything soon (im cut off for a long time)... but i wouldn't mind seeing your setups and ooogling.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I travel with a set of these Bose mediamate speakers - they will run off 12v dc with the right cig adapter - they sound amazing at camp volume - have two separate stereo inputs with an A/B mixer and a volume knob

I have even run these off my 25watt solar panel - easy to insert an iPod or any other audio input. You can easily transfer these anywhere anytime.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Dave

We installed the Marine grade stereo system with waterproof speakers on the Horizon. I'll ask Mario to post up some pictures.

Doug Williams also installed a huge system in his Chaser. It has roof mounted speakers and a big amplifier. I think he plays Sirius radio through it. I'll ask him to post some pictures as well.

i just got the water proof ipod stereo its pretty small and you pop your ipod in it (like an otter case) and it had b built in amp, it floats in water or can stand up (has built in stand) costco had them, might still? pretty cheap and i dont have to worry about leaving it in the rain.

might look them up

mike

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Check out the marine audio stuff, they make DIN sized covers for open cockpit applications on boats that fit a standard size headunit with a flip down protective cover. Pretty cool really.

Rezarf <><

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Martyn said:
Dave

We installed the Marine grade stereo system with waterproof speakers on the Horizon. I'll ask Mario to post up some pictures.

That's funny you say that, cause when i was at your shop i asked Mario about that.. and he said he didn't remember ever installing them in a trailer before :oops:

Last edited:

Martyn

SOCALFJ said:
That's funny you say that, cause when i was there i asked Mario about that.. and he said he didn't remember ever installing them in a trailer before oops.

I think we installed it before Mario's "hard drive" crashed. We have since reprogrammed him and apart from freezing up occasionally the new "Mario" is running better than ever. I think the Stereo files were archived. :)

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Martyn said:
I think we installed it before Mario's "hard drive" crashed. We have since reprogrammed him and apart from freezing up occasionally the new "Mario" is running better than ever. I think the Stereo files were archived. :)

When he hangs like that, one good slap on the side of the head should free him back up again.:)

Bergger

Explorer
I've thought of this too. Our friends have Sirius radio in their 4runner and sometimes it is nice to have some good tunes or a sports game when in the field. I think I am going to end up just having it installed in the truck vs the trailer. I'll get more us out of it that way.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
SOCALFJ said:
LMFAO!!!! thanks Mario.

What type of quick disconnect speaker plugs are those?

The disconnects are a 2 wire 14 gauge, the same that we use on our solar panel connections (like the solar input on your nose box)

Martyn

Bergger said:
I've thought of this too. Our friends have Sirius radio in their 4runner and sometimes it is nice to have some good tunes or a sports game when in the field. I think I am going to end up just having it installed in the truck vs the trailer. I'll get more us out of it that way.

I'll ask Doug how he has his Sirius set up. I don't think it's permanently mounted in the trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior