Expedition Rigs Encountered

blurg

Looks like a Daerr.info truck. German truck too.

Yeah, what to say about this? Higher as an average house! Just the biggest truck I've seen, 6 wheel drive MAN truck. Higher price than an average house too, must be around 250000/300000 dollars I guess, including living room, bathroom, and so on.

A brand new Unimog truck!

One of the strongest and still built in parts of Africa.. This type of truck is often used for the transsaharan Salt transports.
Easy to repair too because of the simple mechanics.

egn

Adventurer
blurg said:
Yeah, what to say about this? Higher as an average house! Just the biggest truck I've seen, 6 wheel drive MAN truck. Higher price than an average house too, must be around 250000/300000 dollars I guess, including living room, bathroom, and so on.

This seems to be an UNICAT EX70. The price tag is at current conversion rate well above 1 Mio US$. :oops:

Last edited:

blurg

egn said:
This seems to be an UNICAT EX70. The price tag is at current conversion rate well above 1 Mio US$. :oops:

Wow, and I thought this was already a bit exaggerated, the truth is three times worse! Awesome..

Nice pics though.
Hm, there's no swimming pool and snooker table, how simple.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
91 Eastbound in Anaheim Hills, CA on Monday around 5:15pm

07070817081hz2.jpg

CLynn85

Explorer
Sitting in a yard near Baltimore, MD

Sitting in a yard near Baltimore, MD, waiting for it's next adventure...or NASCAR race...

isaac

Observer
Off topic tangent:

blurg said:
6 wheel drive MAN truck. Higher price than an average house too, must be around 250000/300000 dollars I guess, including living room, bathroom, and so on.

This would not be an expensive house. This is less than 25% the cost of a 1 bedroom apartment in Manhattan. And less even than the cost of a detached family home in a decent area of my current home, Hyderabad India. Houses here can cost millions of US dollars & of course in NYC, dozens of millions of dollars.

So a 2,500,000 or 3,000,000 USD truck... Man or Earthroamer... this is not expensive. Or at least: depends entirely on your budget, or what kind of financing you can carry. $1000/mo is dirt cheap for something you can LIVE in, and really any man in America can afford this. But can you afford to drive anywhere, with fuel going to $5 or $10/gallon in no time... you had better have a sustainable, disposable income for fuel and repairs :)

But you know this is true of heating a home in northern climates as well. My landlord in NYC pays $15,000 a year to heat our building. Yikes. (On the other hand she's making $100k a year in rent, or something like that.) Owning an income-producing property... this seems like a good business. Owning a primary residential property... I dunno. I wouldn't. But them I'm waiting for the zombies to come anyday now. ;-)

- IT

I love these ridiculous animated smileys we have here:
:1888fbbd:

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
isaac said:
entirely on your budget, or what kind of financing you can carry. $1000/mo is dirt cheap for something you can LIVE in, and really any man in America can afford this.

I'm sorry maybe I misunderstand, but I beg to differ on this. $1000/mo for any depreciating asset is really not affordable to any average American. I would venture the majority of Americans have full homes financed at less and many are barely making that kind of payment. I think there is a huge misunderstanding of the American wealth.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
dhackney said:
Date: 21 July 2008
Vehicle: 1982 Ex German Police Mercedes 911 4x4.
2008-07-21-SD870%20IS-5831-800.jpg

I like the license plate KAPUtt911 :)

(German) kaputt:
1 : utterly finished
2 : unable to function
3 : hopelessly outmoded

dhackney

Expedition Leader
Date: 29 July 2008
Nationality: Belgium

Vehicle: 2002 Action Mobil / MAN
Mileage: 116,000 kilometers on chassis
Chassis: MAN LE220B 4x4
Weight: 12 metric tons
Length: 9 meters
Width: 2.5 meters
Height: 3.6 meters

Motorcycle: Honda 250

For additional details and more photos see the overlander interview here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17236

2008-07-29-SD870%20IS-6136-800.jpg

2008-07-29-SD870%20IS-6122-800.jpg

2008-07-29-SD870%20IS-6145-800.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier