Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Expedition Rigs Encountered

Quote Originally Posted by dhackney

Are the grids over the window just to make it look secure from the outside? Is it a common thing to do on RTW rigs?
    Tacoma - For Extended Overland Travels
    2012 FWC - The TARDIS

Trip Reports - Travels with Hadley

-Nathanael
    Large Format Photography
    www.KuenzliPhotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by Overland Hadley
    Are the grids over the window just to make it look secure from the outside?
    In the picture you linked, it sure looks like a 'visual deterent.'

Is it a common thing to do on RTW rigs?
    If I were only using visual deterents, I wouldn't admit to it on an internet forum.

Here is the rig of a (for what I could gather) little barrel chested German hermit expat that i meet one afternoon at a Pemex station.

BTW: Doug...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your extensive & HUGELY informative posts!
    The .1%

Are the grids over the window just to make it look secure from the outside? Is it a common thing to do on RTW rigs?
    It doesn't really look functional. I'm guessing there's something extra in those drawers.

Seen today, FEB 29 at about 12:20 in Scotts Valley CA

Woa! That thing is rad! Looks like it has a ton of weight outback.. like it wants to pull a wheelie!
    Dave & Yoshi
    The Adventure Duo
    2003 Sportsmobile EB 7.3 PSD
    1997 Landcruiser 80 Series Collectors Edition
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400s
    Tread Lightly! Trainer | Manufacturer of the Trasharoo

i love the little C303's,,, it really makes me wonder why folks want the pinz's.

doug, (Mr.Hackney) thank you for not only a great ongoing post but for the reply about fear in world travelling. i admit my question was a bit loaded, but that was to get a general answer on your expierence and thoughts. your copmments are right on target with what i have come to realize, though unfortunately not experience yet. geography, people, culture and the general human condition all over the globe are a particular interest to me, i talk to people from other countries as often as i get the chance to and i agree completely that the world in general is interested in americans. maybe instead of american interest i should say the people of the world, no matter the country, are just interested in human contact from other walks of life.
    take care out there, i look forward to seeing and reading more.
    Clay
    75 BDJ55- biopig

It rode pretty flat, this was right off a stop light accelerating, I drive a pretty large expedition lookin Land cruiser so I think he was showing off :-P

Where would I be able to find more information about these rigs? I want so badly to do a c303 expedition setup. Do any of you know about some c303 specific forums that are active I know about like real 4x4 but theres hardly anything that happens on there.

Quote Originally Posted by ss_storm
    It rode pretty flat, this was right off a stop light accelerating, I drive a pretty large expedition lookin Land cruiser so I think he was showing off :-P

Where would I be able to find more information about these rigs? I want so badly to do a c303 expedition setup. Do any of you know about some c303 specific forums that are active I know about like real 4x4 but theres hardly anything that happens on there.
    If you google the C303 camper you should hit on a blog of a guy who recently bought a 6x6 firetruck version in CA, drove it to the NOrthwest and is in the process of doing a camper conversion.

Default I have more of that c303..

I have been meaning to get these up here... Owner must live in the the santa cruz area, I took these right near where I work. One of the coolest trucks I have seen; I must have marveled for twenty minutes....

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast