Expedition Rigs Encountered

Lewisgregory8

There is a large square box section which runs the width. inside of that there is another box section, 10mm smaller, one end of the box section has bearings on each face of the box section. These bearings allow a tight fit, so there is no unnecessary movement (or play) The end which you see in the photo they are wheels off a pallet truck, so can support the weight.

gsanders

Observer
Date: September 26, 2012

Circumstances: Owners not around but nice Sportsmobile conversion. I see quite a few of these around central Oregon.

IMG_20120926_184819.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Odell-20120729-00224.jpgWalla Walla-College Place-20120827-00277.jpg

The Disco I saw at the Hood River county fair ( in Oregon) but was unable to catch up the the owner(s)

The Kodiak I encountered in Walla walla WA, and is being built into a mobile dentist office and going to Africa

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
A Magirus stateside. :)
One of the first ones I ever saw has been visiting w/ us for the last several months, nice to see that there are others around.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Let's keep this thread primarily for Doug's rig sightings on his around the world trip and for any questions and comments for him. He is giving us a unique perspective in this thread, we want to keep it on topic and easy to check on.

Any ExPo-like rigs you may have seen may be posted here in this thread, stickied in the Fireside Chat section - Spotted: Expedition Vehicles
I have moved the last several posts here, to that linked thread.

Thank you - :campfire:

hate to be rude but 24 pages of the same thing is rather boring after a while

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Seen this rig last night they came into town for saint pats day.
ga4a7y5a.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kerry

Expedition Leader
Mercedes 911 at Chaco Canyon. Owned by a German couple. His name is Sigfried. Didn't get her name. Shipped from Hamburg to Halifax NS last November. Drove down Blue Ridge Parkway to the South. Heading back up to Canada before six month visa expires. Six months in Canada and then back into US. Top speed 55mph. Cruising speed 40-45mph.

Attachments

• chaco canyon 118.jpg
    chaco canyon 118.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 133
  • chaco canyon 117.jpg
    chaco canyon 117.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 132

duneyeti9

I saw that rig in the Rio-grande village at Big Bend NP in Feb of this year. Unless there are 2 of those green monsters running around.

mervifwdc

Adventurer
We parked our Irish Registered Unimog camper beside this Irish Registered ManKat in Lima, Peru. We know the owners on-line, but have never met!

IMG_0293.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94