100 Series Family Adventure Rig

Bretthn

Explorer
Where is that last trail you showed. Looks like fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent you a PM on it. It is a very fun short trail. There is a good post with more pictures about it in the Souteast Expedition Society subforum. Look for North Carolina get together or something to that affect.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
That's a big ledge with a lot of factory sheet metal exposed. Good spotting, the right line and a little courage sure do help getting up and over some things.

Love the trip reports man.

Redman333

Adventurer
I sent you a PM on it. It is a very fun short trail. There is a good post with more pictures about it in the Souteast Expedition Society subforum. Look for North Carolina get together or something to that affect.

Thanks I'll check it out.

clint.

great thread. glad to see some of the local places posted. hunt fish falls is a beautiful swimming hole, but that hike out is no joke.

Bretthn

Explorer
That's a big ledge with a lot of factory sheet metal exposed. Good spotting, the right line and a little courage sure do help getting up and over some things.

Love the trip reports man.
Every time I make a trip I wish I had sliders. Maybe by year end I will have some.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Enjoy it but don't go off the main trail.

great thread. glad to see some of the local places posted. hunt fish falls is a beautiful swimming hole, but that hike out is no joke.
These falls were one of the most beautiful spots I have been to in NC and yes the hike is a chore.

Bretthn

Explorer
So I have had my rear drawer out for quite a while. I took it out to be able to fit my mountain bike in the back trips right after work where I don't trust it sitting on the hitch rack all day.

I did a trip a couple weeks back without the drawer and was reminded how much I hate camping out of totes. I think I will be doing a new drawer system soon but want to keep it simple and maybe even eliminate the slides by just using that fancy low friction tape. I'm also considering doing some work to make the tailgate more versatile. Maybe some storage inside and a better surface to work on than the current carpet.

Since I am heading to Gearge Washington National Forest for the 4th of July weekend, I will probably just throw the old drawer back in for now... I have been through every post and thread in the storage forum but I am looking for some nonconventional ideas that are simple. Right now I have one big drawer for housing all of my stuff with simple dividers between tools/vehicle items and cooking/food items. Thinking two slim drawers would be better but dont want to spend the money or effort for another set of heavy duty slides.

Also looking at options for carrying a decent size lifetime table. I have had a fancy aluminum roll table for years and only used it once because the effort to set it up just isnt worth it. I brought a small one step setup table on my last trip and it was extremely handy but too small. When I finally get or build a roofrack I will plan for storing a lifetime table under the tent but for now I need to store it in the truck. Ideas?

Also looking for super secret beautiful campsites in GWNF if anyone is wanting to share. :costumed-smiley-007

Bretthn

Explorer
Organization

Continuing to get ready for camping in GWNF next weekend and got my storage drawer put back in the Lexus today. Before throwing it in the wife and I did some major organizing work for the kitchen utensils. I have always stored them in a couple small rubbermaid containers that seem to always get buried by everything else and were a chore to find, especially in the dark. Not a problem anymore!

With the gap from the drawer slides and the notch I cut from the side of the drawer we have a total of 1.5 inches of space which worked perfectly. I am thinking of storing a small cutting board on the other side but I first need to replace the crappy round one that came with an old pan set.

I'm hoping to add some dividers to the drawer tomorrow and also paint the interior white. The white interior will hopefully make finding items a little easier. The dividers are definitely needed in a drawer this large and should have been added a long time ago to prevent everything from just piling on top of eachother.

Brett

Bretthn

Explorer
Lock out slides

I have been wanting to make some fancy new slide design and come up with a system for locking it in and out and even thought about buying some of the fancy $200 accurides. In the end, a disposable allen wrench from some Ikea furniture was all I needed. I did the same for the drawer. It works to lock them in and out and I'm pretty happy.

I also added a functional handle to the front of the drawers. They never really needed a handle but when I saw the bottle opener at a bargain I couldn't pass it up and think it works well here. Don't mind my Tiger, after spending a lot of time in southeast Asia I sometimes get a craving. :friday:

After the last camping trip we decided we needed something more functional for getting water from my Sceptor can. We thought about buying a new can with a spigot already attached but that was $20 plus dollars and none feel as durable. Found a 1/2 inch brass spigot that worked perfectly without a single leak.

Last edited:

Bretthn

Explorer
Love the utensils storage. Awesome idea.

That's a brilliant idea!

You made some nice touches to the drawer system. Simple and effective!

Thank you for the compliments. We shall see how it works out this weekend while exploring GWNF. I havent gotten around to making the dividers for the interior of the drawer but tried compartmentalizing things into different storage bags to keep it organized. This seems to work well for everything but dishes.

I would love to see how everyone else keeps the interior of their drawers organized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier