My First Offroad Trailer

Golf286

Adventurer
Kool find on the M416. Funny story too... I found a trailer that I was going to build as an Expo ish trailer. It was a U-Built but was done by a trailer shop to a customers specs. It was really well done and had tons of potential. I agreed to buy this trailer on the weekend...it was Friday, and drove home. Got in the door the phone rang, it was a guy with a CDN M101 in Vancouver for $1200.00. SOLD.

Funny how that happens. Looking forward to yet another build of a 416!

That's awesome!!! Very similar to my story as well, how's the build going? Ill post some pics this weekend of the first trailer hit a couple little things to still do. Hopefully ill be starting the new trailer soon, kinda anxious to see where it ends up. This forum is great to see all the different ideas and builds and the information is amazing
Bill

Golf286

Adventurer
Im building a camping trailer out of a trailer that a buddy gave me, that he had planned to make a teardrop out of, but lost the drive to do so...score for me! Anyways, Ive been tinkering on this project for nearly a year now, modified it twice so far, and I havent even finished it yet...lol!! Sorry, didnt mean to steal ur thread...:ylsmoke:

It's all good, post some pics and I have a feeling that'll end up happening to me as well..

Golf286

Adventurer
Getting closer to finishing the project:
Safety chains welded on.
Tongue jack welded on
Side Steps Fab'd and Welded on
Look on son's face absolutely priceless..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368056412.680972.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368056431.501853.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368056449.285131.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368056465.901997.jpg

New floor and sides will hopefully get done this weekend, as well as the new tires and wheels to match his Xterra

Golf286

Adventurer
Those additions look great!

I like the expanded metal deck and steps.

Is the rear bumper new too?

Hey Mark,
Thanks.. No, that was on there I'm thinking about adding another bar below it to box it in. That way I can add a receiver to haul bikes and possibly integrate the lights to..

Golf286

Adventurer
Here's a few more pics:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368149060.419794.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368149074.612104.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368149096.162172.jpg

Found some wheel adapters locally and hopefully now we can get the new tires and rims on this weekend..

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Pretty kool little trailer, nice work. My build is coming along...check the link in my sig, pretty up to date.

Golf286

Adventurer
Pretty kool little trailer, nice work. My build is coming along...check the link in my sig, pretty up to date.

Thanks Greg, it's definitely a "little trailer" It's been a lot of fun. I gave it to my son, and I'm starting a M416 build this weekend. I was lucky enough to find one in great shape and price.. I really like your build.. How do you like your hitch setup, is that a max-coupler?
I'm going to be following your build.
Bill

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Thanks Bill, I bet your son is pretty stoked on the new trailer, I know I would be! The coupler on my trailer is a "pre-production" or early production prototype designed and made locally. It is so far working really well, and I do not foresee any issues going forward...pretty slick little unit. Completely silent too. These should be available soon, although in small batches. It should be noted that they are not DOT approved, so they are for off-road use only, for now. Once his site is up I will send you the link if you are interested.

Looking forward to the M416 build!

Golf286

Adventurer
We were at goneMoab last week and had a great time, and now I need to get started on the M416 rebuild.
I took the fenders off today and got all of the measurements for the axel so I can order the new one this week..
je4e2a6e.jpg

a7y4a2e3.jpg

Taking it to get media blasted this week and then I'll prime it and apply the rhino liner to the bed..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier