2000.super duty mild build.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Steel 2x4 box and 1.75 herw. Bed and sliders will be made from the same stuff.

I would like to do an aluminum bed but its not in the cards.

98dango

Expedition Leader
My truck has many uses.

First daily driver
Second haul tools for work
Third haul camper not yet built
Fourth it's a truck my only truck now so a cord of wood 2 quads

The bed will hold the weight. I'm just worried if I connect the side steps to the flat bed as I want frame stress.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Off for Oregon for 7 days. When I get back the steps and bed get started. Then the camp box. I am having the eternal 35 37 40 tire debate.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I'm not much of a state park camper but the Oregon coast has some decent ones.

Typically we stay at Beverly beach but lack of planning on my part we had to travel south to Tilliicum stat bark Beach side camp ground. The staff was very helpful and the area was very clean. Sights are a little close together but that is to be expected. My wife and I do prefer more mountain camping. This trip is to see my daughter so we camp where we can to stay close.

IMG_20140729_084049.jpg

98dango

Expedition Leader
Had a great time on our trip. We also stopped and meet up with Mt6bt ran a few roads was a great time.

Now to the truck it did great 15 MPG most of the way the sand dunes where fun in a truck like this. My flat bed is getting started tomorrow.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Yep, I'm curious to see what you work out with that flatbed. I'm kinda thinking the same direction myself, but for a popup camper. I like the less drag aspect.

98dango

Expedition Leader
My flat bed has gone threw 3 remodels and it's not even finished yet. When I finally finish one or at least get one going I like I will post up the fails and why I went a nother way.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
LOL, you sound like me.

And that's not a bad thing.

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well lately this seems to just drive from Montana to Airazona then back to Montana then to Oregon. I did get to play a little but not much. Non of the mods I want done are even started just how life goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94