2000.super duty mild build.

BCHauler

Adventurer
I had the same truck but with the 6.8 engine. Great truck. Installed a set of 315s on 16x10 rims and didn't like it. Didn't like the way the truck steered. Wandered and was difficult at parking lot speeds. Ended up going back to factory rims and 255/85s. Driveability was much better.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have heard a lot of superduty and.not steering good with big tiers. Mine is not bad but I.grew up in a 78 on 42s so.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well after a few months of fixing electrical issues she got some love. I started with new shoes 315-75-16 maxxis big Horn mts. Also installed some warn premium hubs.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well its been 7 months since my Super Duty was 100%. She still is only 98% but we have an intimate knowledge of each other. The speedometer still won't read but the trans shifts fine so we are leaving on our first trip on the year in it.

Last September the GEM module went south and with it many other items. So much of my build time and budget went with it. Now sitting on new 315s and new Warn hubs we will toss the topper on and take off.

brp

Observer
I'm just reading through this thread for the first time but want to let you know I am fitting 40" Continentals on my 02 F450 with a 3" Icon kit and Bushwacker cut outs up front and nothing in back. However, I am building a custom set-up for the back so I don't know about your situation. I have done some cutting within the front wheel wells.

I am just beginning to figure how much I will need to drop the factory bumpstop to make sure I don't have any contact on full compression. It will probably be around 3".

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
Nice build so far! Looking forward to seeing the rig sitting on 40s!!! I'm running 37s on my Power Wagon (the Trail Whale, LOL!) and am contemplating 40s when it is time for new tires. I'd definitely recommend that you plan on adding hydro assist to the steering though!!! (granted a Super Duty vs a Ram is apples to oranges but, with my Ram, even on "just" 37s, when they are aired down whilst out wheeling, steering can be quite a workout at times!!! I am planning on hydro assist)

98dango

Expedition Leader
40 are still sitting in the corner. I need lift and gears so new 35s where installed. Got to keep trips going.

20140313_162614.jpg

20140315_143638.jpg

20140315_143623.jpg

Kowboy

Adventurer
I would definit'ly recommend hydro-assist with the bigger tires. I love mine and I'm only on 37's. End up doin' a lotta multi-point turns in these big rigs out on the trails and it sure makes it nice.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Oh I know all about multiple point turn.

I fully plan on Hydro assist steering. She'll be on 40s by the end of this year just got to collect the rest of the parts. I have not locked in Arg or some surplus ram. Same with gears 4.88 or 5.13.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Went out Friday night loaded up my wife and a few friends. It's nice to get 5 people and there stuff in one rig just an over night. The low range did not want to work again but that should be an easy fix.
I do need to build a sleeping storage plat from. Got a few ideas well try a few things see what works.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well I started my flip and 3" front hanger kit. The rear is a bit tall so far but I only have the shackle installed on the front not the hanger kit. I'll get the hanger on tomorrow and then pull the factory rear block.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well got my flip and hanger kit done. Turned out nice a little taller than I planned but not bad. I do need to measure for new shocks. I'll try and bet a few good pictures up.

20140403_094539.jpg

20140403_094539.jpg

wpnaes

Looking good! Winches are great, would be good to upgrade the bumper too.

Attachments

• Anza Borrego (3).jpg
    Anza Borrego (3).jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 63

98dango

Expedition Leader
Front and rear bumpers are in the near future. I wanted to get the suspension done first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles