2000.super duty mild build.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have not re geared yet I will be going to 5:13 when my new tires get hear next month or so. It tows just fine ya I could use a little more hear and there. 3:73 gears get it done

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well the wife gave me permission to buy a new truck for Christmas 2015. That means this one no longer needs to run double duty. So 5:13 gears are on the bench 40" super swampers are about a month out. The body will be getting some timing and axle moving 1" forward. I plan to cut 2-4" off the bottom of the cab for 2 reasons I have a little rust starting and I don't want my sliders below the frame.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have not done much lately had a short trip a few weeks back.

20150815_161726.jpg

And finally got back to the bumper build 2 years later.
20150830_141133.jpg

Seabass

Idiot
I'm lovin on your truck. I just bought an 02 super duty 250 for my wife today. It's an auto 5.4 short bed extra cab. Only has 80,000 original miles!! It's pretty nice- got cancer in a place or two. But, not bad. Drives really good and runs great! I thought of your truck while we were test driving it. I knew these trucks were good just based on your thread. And the wife.....she's elated!!!! Go me!

98dango

Expedition Leader
There great trucks been on the search for a standard cab long box or super cab short for my wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

98dango

Expedition Leader
Lets see the poor Superduty is finally down for some loving attention. Parts waiting for delivery 4 moog ball joints 2 unit bearings every steering component including box 4 Q78 16 super swampers new front drive shaft and that's all with out even crawling under the truck. Its been 180k since the last time any major work was done. I also have tune up full oil service and what not.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well its been almost 3 years 4 sets of tires and 83456 miles. I still love this truck. Plans haven't changed but life has. In that time and my usage I have replaced 1 air filter Done 28 oil changes 2 fuel filters 1 right front wheel bearing and the transfer case adapter.

Would I buy this truck again hell yes. Do I wish it had a little more power sure would I have broken more stuff you know it.

She is heading to moab again in June and this time on 38s with some rocker protection and hopefully a flat bed.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Glad its serving you so well, I have been following your build, you gotta keep the "tow crew" busy lol. the wife and I have a fawn male pug

98dango

Expedition Leader
20160910_143958.jpg
20160910_153228.jpg

Not gotten alot done. My father had a stroke and I have been taken care of him. I have been able to get in the shop for a few hours every day.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I also no longer need to use this as a work truck so 38s go back on and I'll finally cut the cab like I have planned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz