Plans for a 2010 F-150 Supercrew - Ultimate family camper

peepers

Observer
Thank you to the members contributing to this thread. I think I have found a solution to the trailer issue. You see, my wife would never be up for the trailer because she thought it would take up room in our tiny little carport and that room is precious. Then I found this: http://www.kendonusa.com/ - a standup motorcycle trailer.

Also I should have been a bit more clear. It's a Yeti 120... Which is not actually 120 quarts. I just know that we went camping for a weekend once already and we had the Yeti 45 packed to the rafters. Our little ones chug milk like it's going out of style.

I'll do a search and go read some threads here on Expo Portal for fridge minimization.

More to come...

Big50

Adventurer
Looking forward to your build progress. Here's a few thoughts for you:

(A) Leave room so I can put my dirtbike in back while having camping gear or whatever in the back.
(B) Make sure that what ever is in there can be taken out easily when I do need to put the dirtbike in.
(C) This prevents the use of a heavy fiberclass type cap that would be t difficult to put on and take off.

I'd recommend some sort of custom bed rack. To strap everything securely. There are plenty of shops that can build something to fit your needs
Will most likely need a winch with appropriate low profile bumper as we will be a single vehicle and getting stuck would suck.
Here's another option which would save you a good chunk of change since you can keep your stock bumper: http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-hidden-winch-mounting-plate-1010.html
Thinking Engel or other type fridge in the bed of the truck for the obvious reasons.
I'd recommend keeping the fridge out of the cab. I say this because in case of a rollover I would not want the fridge in the cab. Even if it's secured, it's a hard surface for someone to hit in the back seat.

Compressed air, on demand. My wife and kids hate driving on tarmac with low air in the tires - Thinking about the extreme air
Powertank or smittybilt tanks are a great option.

Secure, dedicated, easily accessible for the 120QT cooler.
You may have to consider moving to something smaller. I've put a 120qt cooler in my bed and it nearly takes up half the bed space.

Secure, dedicated space for My Camp Kitchen (box that measures 28 5/8” wide by 14 3/4” deep by 18 3/4” high).
Power inverter so we can run all our "necessities" like laptops, iPads, breastpumps (true), nebulizers (for my sons asthma) and so on...
Dual battery set up in case the fridge or winch or inverter kills the primary.
ARB tent and awning - mounting solution needed.
Probably need to look at some sort of roof rack your tent and awning since most of your bed space will be taken and an elevated rack would get in the way of loading your bike
Slight lift to stop rubbing on newly purchased 32" BFG A/Ts and to handle the truck better while fully loaded
Look into coilovers vs a spacer lift. They are more expensive but you won't loose any travel and you gain performance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles