Conqueror Conquest - New Owner

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Picked up a new-to-me Conquest from a member of the ExPo community who only used the trailer twice and am looking forward to documenting the upgrades as I go. Also value input from the wonderful and most excellent ExPo community... :elkgrin: I have already read a good number of conquest threads and still have much to learn about this trailer from Hono, Dendy, Hilldweller, and other current and previous owners of conqueror trailers.

bYgzemL.jpg

Album is here:
http://imgur.com/a/U6FmZ#0

More about this trailer... After a few calls with the seller, I took a gamble and purchased the trailer from 1600 miles away without seeing it in person first. The gamble paid off! I was shocked when the shipper opened his door to show a pristine trailer! The Conquest is practically brand new!! Tyres/wheels are original and there's minimal dry rot from lack of use on the rubber. I have only owned it a week and already have a million ideas spinning in my head. Thinking about upgrading the water system, stove/grill ideas, storage solutions for the side galley, rear shelf above the fridge and an inexpensive solution for storage in the front of the trailer and front fold out doors, bearing/hub/wheel maintenance, etc.

Previous owner put a Xantrex battery charger/tender in the trailer and upgraded 220 stuff to 110 12 volt. What's the best way to go about connecting my 4 pin on my JK to the 7 spade setup on the trailer? Is there an adapter I need or does it require a 7 spade harness on the JK?

Water System ideas?
I'm also considering upgrading the water tanks with a filtration system, pump, outlet for a sink and sprayer on the front, and water heater. Anyone have experience with upgrading the water system on a conqueror conquest? Really like this idea from Oz with a webber100 and sink over the wheel well

pXqKYMl.jpg

Door Storage
Also found a guy that makes custom molle webbing for gun safe doors. I like the simplicity of hook and loop connectors and am going to order the proper side to add inside the front doors.

Z1D3Z0p.jpg

awning ideas
Love the foxwing's coverage and quick deployment. Having the option for sides would be a bonus.

iUnRZ1W.jpg

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Congrats! I would suggest, go out and camp in it a few times before changing much. Your style of camping will dictate the modifications to fit your style. For example the sink/grill looks cool, but our style, that is a ton of real estate used for a very limited use item. We also camp near bears, and I don't want my tent smelling like BBQ anymore than it does with a fire within 50 yards. Again congrats on the trailer, those are very cool!

Drover

Adventurer
Very nice! I just bought a conqueror basecamp. It definately needs improvement on the water pump situation.image.jpgimage.jpg
I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do.

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
Great find man. Yes you are going to need to change the system on the JK to a 7 pin if you want the signals and charging to work properly. It will give you a lot more options than the 4 prong. Excited to see how you change things, and it truly looks like you found a diamond, and not in the rough for sure. Congrats.

Bob

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
with the water system, I think pulling the tanks is unavoidable for adding a quick detach system and plumbing a pump...

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
I like that setup. My conquest has gravity petcocks in the rear from the factory. How much did parts and labor run you for what you have on video?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
You got (in my opinion) one of the best models that they made in the tent top trailers.
You are going to love it!
D

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Ditto Aspen Trailers on upgrading the JK to a 7 pin...They have a prewired kit that's around $75.00-$100 depending on where you look. I was a little disappointed that I was not informed of this when I bought my JK...I asked for the tow package but nowhere did it say I could get the 7 pin...so now I will need to change mine out. Instructions look very simple and it is a Mopar part (Here is a quick snapshot from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-7-Pin-TRAILER-WIRING-Mopar/sim/B0062MOG50/2). That trailer looks in great shape! Have fun with the upgrades. Sometimes I think "the build" is almost as fun as using it.

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Ordered. Any tips on where to run the wiring along the frame? Not going to need a brake controller as this trailer has surge brakes...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier