Jeepster Camper

kcowyo

ExPo Original
A buddy just called to tell me he's inheriting a near mint, '67 Jeep Commando with a Dauntless Buick V6 225. Apparently it has been in storage since '88. I swear, he's the luckiest SOB I know...

Curious as to which grill the '67 had, I did a little searching. Among the Commandos, I saw this outfit which looks like a blast. A '71 with a custom made slide-in pop up camper. Very unique and original -

rig6-3.jpg
rig6-7.jpg

More pics and info here- 1971 Jeepster Commando Wagon

JPFreek1

Explorer
Now that is super cool! Have your buddy take some photos and post them online. I'd love to check 'er out! And congrats to him!

MB309basket

Adventurer
kcowyo said:
Very unique and original -

rig6-3.jpg
rig6-7.jpg

WOW!

Gives me all kinds of goose pimples about what I could do with mine if Colorado Ron continues not to want it as a downpayment on his Pinz.

Thank you for the photo.

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
WOW, great truck. It reminds me of one I had years ago. It was a red 1969 with roll bar, international spring packs and a th400 tranny. As the family grew it was swaped out for a full size bronco.
If I remember correctly the standard jeep cj5 grill was used to 1971. The 1972 had a different grill and fenders.

Regards,

Jim

kcowyo

ExPo Original
alaskantinbender said:
The 1972 had a different grill and fenders....

That's why I started looking at pics, to check for him. As I recall in some 4x4 mag awhile back they proclaimed the '72 Commando as one of the ugliest Jeeps built, based soley on the grill I believe. It was rather cornbinderish....

Luckily he's getting one of the "cool" ones. They told him it was black which seems different.

He's in WY, the Commando is in UT. We're gonna head down in a few months with a flat deck trailer and haul it back. It starts and runs ok apparently, but the tires are at least 20 years old if not older. We have no desire to drive for 3 hours on dry rotted tires. Scary....

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
From what i understand a CJ front clip is very easily done on these. Just something to consider..

Very cool rig.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
THAT IS SPECTACULAR!! I love those Jeeps and with a camper to boot.. that is just plain great! I would love to have that rig! It is in such great shape..WOW

86cj

Explorer
Very cool Jeep indeed..........

What's old is new again........I wonder how the specs would compare to the Earthroamer Jeep???????

Clutch

<---Pass
86cj said:
What's old is new again........I wonder how the specs would compare to the Earthroamer Jeep???????

Oh, I'll bet you'll have plenty of coin left over for beer and food...maybe some gas too...:elkgrin:

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Not a Jeepster, just a Jeep. (this is what I get for google searching "blazer chalet" combined with "craigslist" - usual full disclosure note: I'm not affiliated with this in any way...) Reference courtesy of this site: http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56920

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/car/579996716.html
1972 Jeep CJ5 camper - $5000
Rare Jeep option, only a limited amount ever produced. Camper is fully removable and leaves you with a two seater Jeep and small cargo bed. It has sat for many years, but runs fine. This 4x4 CJ5 has a AMC 304 V8. I would consider this a restoration job for someone looking for a one of a kind Jeep. But needs just some minor TLC to hit the road. Call Mike @ 909-337-8624​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles