1995 Chevy Tahoe 4X4 - Adventure Rig Build

burbaned'

very VERY nice, aside form all these breaks you are taking....lol, any extra ponies pulled out of the motor? or is this a stock rebuild?

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Hahah.. Seriously. Sadly I only get half days on Fridays and most the day on Saturdays to work on it. So it slows the process when you cant devote much time to it. :(

Essentially, this is the Edelbrock claimed graph on their old "Power Packs" for this motor.. I got the Performer TBI power pack, everything included here minus their exhaust as they no longer make the exhaust.
Instead I got my Flowtech ceramic coated headers on top of this said pack.. should help me out a little better than stock. :D
I dont know the HP gains I will see, if any, but to gain some low end torque as well as smooth out the curve like this seemed like the best option for my rig. :smiley_drive:

350-3704.jpg

ralatkins

NOOBIE
i just installed a set of flow tech headers on my 95 and there is a misweld right at the flange that's left me with a terrible exhaust leak. i've used them before and have always been really happy with them. i bought ceramic coated and everything. little disappointed with this set.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
i just installed a set of flow tech headers on my 95 and there is a misweld right at the flange that's left me with a terrible exhaust leak. i've used them before and have always been really happy with them. i bought ceramic coated and everything. little disappointed with this set.

Thanks for the info here! You have any pics of where the issue is? Would love to try and make my corrections to the issue prior to bolting it all in and then finding the same issue!

Is it something you are working on fixing?

Thanks again.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Looks awesome! coming together great. It will be great im sure to have the peace of mind of a new engine and rebuilt tranny

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Looks awesome! coming together great. It will be great im sure to have the peace of mind of a new engine and rebuilt tranny

Yeah it definitely will.. If I can get the thing all back to prime condition! For some reason I'm second guessing myself right now! Might be the fact that I feel like I haven't had any progress in weeks, but man.. I'm starting to think its not going to be any good and it wont run right and all this negativity! Arg.. :eek:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Well so for this weekend.. got over there on Friday and had to pull the ECM out so I can get my chip number and all of that for Edelbrock to accurately flash me the new chip to work with my existing computer and so everything will match up with the new motor for optimum performance and reliability!

So I had a heck of a time getting the glove box to unhook and I accidentally broke one of the hinge tabs. :coffee:
But I finally got the glove box out and got to the ECM, yanked that thing out and left myself with a nice gaping hole.. hah.

8983053134_90369bcf73_c.jpg

Pulled the cover off to expose all the guts so I can get the numbers and all that.

8983054408_f2df62a7a6_c.jpg

So now chip is officially ordered and should arrive next week sometime!

Then I turned back to the engine bay. While everything is out, I'm going to order new motor mounts and put those in, so I decided to pull the old ones off:

8981861501_58a70fd1bf_c.jpg

Yep.. I think they can be replaced.

So now the engine bay sits and awaits the new heart:

8983057926_7bb82852f1_c.jpg

Oh and as a SIDE note... I was unable to get over to the motor shop during their business hours, but I asked the manager to shoot a quick pic or two and text them to me.. so here's what I got.

8983056460_f14f51bd31_c.jpg

8983056988_f80bf9efb0_c.jpg

It's just about there! :wings:

Last edited:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Wow man, that motor looks great!! Can't wait to hear how it runs.

Thanks! Me neither! :D

Actually got some updated shots texted to me from the motor shop a few hours ago. They are waiting for me to drop off my valve cover bolts so they can actually install and finish it, but in the meantime, they set the new covers on it and snapped me a couple "what it'll look like" shots:

9007283567_c6763eb5f7_c.jpg

9008466668_94e73cf86d_c.jpg

Also will have a red MSD cap and rotor kit on my stock distributor along with some MSD 8.5MM red plug wires to match. :)

Last edited:

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
That really does look great! :drool: Actually, the whole Tahoe looks pretty slick! Can't wait to hear how it runs over the stock L05 TBI 5.7L

BBslider001

Diesel Head
I think we should get all Southern CA expo people to go install this thing! Just sayin'... :sombrero: I even have lots of beer to bring. :snorkel:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Looking good man. I'm a phone call away if you need any help with anything.
Thanks bud! I will for sure let you know. :)

That really does look great! :drool: Actually, the whole Tahoe looks pretty slick! Can't wait to hear how it runs over the stock L05 TBI 5.7L
Thanks Larry! Means a lot coming from a man of such great taste as yourself. I will continue to update whenever I can. Any words of advice on the swap? Since you've done so many.. changing a motor must be like changing oil to you. hah. :D

I think we should get all Southern CA expo people to go install this thing! Just sayin'... :sombrero: I even have lots of beer to bring. :snorkel:
haha. Nice! How many SoCal Expo-ers does it take to swap a motor?
Sounds like a setup for a good joke... hah
:victory:

--------------------------------------------------------

As for a general update; Fathers day weekend turned out to be a busy weekend for me and no progress was made on the truck. :( However, I'll be picking up the motor this coming weekend and getting ready for the install!
My new radiator arrived today at my house. New motor mounts, EGR Valve, and a fresh fuel filter should arrive by Friday. Plus when I get the motor, I will also be picking up the new MSD 8.5mm wires, new MSD coil, cap and rotor, and some fresh spark plugs. :)

Last edited:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
The rest of the order finally arrived today so I have the fresh new parts ready to go.. Plus I secured a buddy who is going to bring his truck over tomorrow and we're going to pick up the new motor and take it over to the shop to get started with the install! :D

Freshys..

9102685461_325df533c3_c.jpg

9089942038_18ff89ca90_c.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94