1995 Chevy Tahoe 4X4 - Adventure Rig Build

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
no problem man, Ive enjoyed reading here. giving me ideas. I'm going to start a build thread here soon for my 1999 suburban, I just don't want to start it yet till I get the ball rolling in a week or two. so for now I can live through your truck! lol.
haha. Nice. :) Yeah, looking forward to seeing your build too. Hopefully you can get the ball rolling. Chances are high its going to be a snowball type of roll. haha.

i'm thinking speakers are on my list soon too. noticed the drivers side bose is blown out in mine when i had the door panels off to put the tow mirrors on. can't be having crap sound
Yeah definitely need good sounds in a rig! Im bummed I didnt do it earlier. I shouldn't of let my blown speaker make my tunes so terrible for so long..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as an update.. Got all my parts installed and working well.

14744441082_e6f307c116_z.jpg

I'm so stoked on it. Feels much tighter on the roads, stops so much smoother, doesn't have the clunk of the failed sway bar bushings, plus it doesn't run as hot anymore with the new fan clutch. Oh, also replaced the cap on the radiator hose that was leaking so no coolant is leaking anymore. I also got my A/C recharged and so far, its holding charge and no leaks have reared their heads (I have never had A/C since I bought this thing back in Feb 2013.)

Energy Suspension sway bar bushings
R1Concepts slotted rotors and PosiQuiet ceramic pads

Now for some pics..

14585614600_0ef89da6d8_z.jpg

14771989682_44defee243_z.jpg

14585615710_3050d86132_z.jpg

14778844081_044e526af4_z.jpg

14595351308_51ca3d2fd2_z.jpg

14778847341_45459e8e39_z.jpg

14779636124_755cc9533d_z.jpg

14595353988_0083e4f998_z.jpg

And you could say my previous bushings were pretty shot... hah. No wonder the thing wobbled all over the place.

14769966714_ed186e2896.jpg

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Wow Dave, nice work! I hear ya on the wandering. My truck was terrible until I replaced all the front end bushings with those same kind, the polyurethane. Good stuff!! Glad to hear its running cooler too!

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Wow Dave, nice work! I hear ya on the wandering. My truck was terrible until I replaced all the front end bushings with those same kind, the polyurethane. Good stuff!! Glad to hear its running cooler too!
Thanks bud! :) I wish I could take credit for this one.. but my work schedule has been swamped and I haven't had the time for it. So I paid my buddy and his shop to do the install of all my parts I had gathering dust. hah. I dropped off the truck and said, hey, there are brakes and bushings and stuff in the back.. can you have your guys install all for me? :D

Now that it's running better and feeling better, I might be able to make my trip down to San O for some camping and surfing.. ;) I'll keep ya in the loop whenever it happens.

Hopefully that fixies everything. Nice work.
Yeah definitely! I could go for simply loading it with gas and going for a while. :D Thank you for the kind words.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Thanks bud! :) I wish I could take credit for this one.. but my work schedule has been swamped and I haven't had the time for it. So I paid my buddy and his shop to do the install of all my parts I had gathering dust. hah. I dropped off the truck and said, hey, there are brakes and bushings and stuff in the back.. can you have your guys install all for me? :D

Now that it's running better and feeling better, I might be able to make my trip down to San O for some camping and surfing.. ;) I'll keep ya in the loop whenever it happens.

Yeah definitely! I could go for simply loading it with gas and going for a while. :D Thank you for the kind words.

Sounds good! I did the same thing with my front end. Between work and school, I had zero time to be down for any length of time. I had the tools and the space, but seriously ZERO extra time to devote to it, especially if I ran into problems. The shop I used had it for an entire day from open-close, and he knew what he was doing! I am guessing I would have been down for 2 days minimum and it is my DD, so not really an option for me to do it myself at the time.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Sounds good! I did the same thing with my front end. Between work and school, I had zero time to be down for any length of time. I had the tools and the space, but seriously ZERO extra time to devote to it, especially if I ran into problems. The shop I used had it for an entire day from open-close, and he knew what he was doing! I am guessing I would have been down for 2 days minimum and it is my DD, so not really an option for me to do it myself at the time.

Exactly. Sometimes it's worth the money to pay to have someone else get it done and done right.
It worked out for me well because I also had him recharge my AC at the time (which I wouldn't of been doing myself anyways), so they just put in an extra few hours to get all the rest done.
And after I talked to him about it, a couple parts gave him a lot of grief.. so I know I would've been much worse off if I had run into those issues by myself.

richard310

pew pew
Hey Dave how's the rig doing? I swear I think I saw a similar truck with a for sale sign on it parked on Sepulveda and PV Blvd next to Ace Hardware...

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Hey Dave how's the rig doing? I swear I think I saw a similar truck with a for sale sign on it parked on Sepulveda and PV Blvd next to Ace Hardware...

Hey bud. Yep, you saw this exact truck in that parking lot with a For Sale sign on it. hah. I'm working on selling it off now to fund the purchase of my wife's vehicle.
I got my 4Runner commuter car because it was killing my budget to commute this rig back and forth to work up and down PCH everyday. I couldn't justify keeping it since I don't really use it for anything its built for.
So I'm still in the process of trying to sell it. :)

Maybe dave gave up on it

I didn't give up on it per-say.. hah. Just decided to go in a new direction. :)

I would buy it. What a sweet ride...:drool:

Thanks Chilli. :D

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Boarder Dave, any pics you have of your Tahoe you could post? We all love that rig. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne