Was a dump trailer........Now.....

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I like how you think! Recycling is the best. Great ideas.
I am as tight as a frogs butt " it is waterproof" and recycle everything for my trailer.
Steel cut from the scrap yard and repurposed boxes too.

Great idea on the truck box. they are cheaper than a sheet of diamond plate.

hidefxj

Observer
I like how you think! Recycling is the best. Great ideas.
I am as tight as a frogs butt " it is waterproof" and recycle everything for my trailer.
Steel cut from the scrap yard and repurposed boxes too.

Great idea on the truck box. they are cheaper than a sheet of diamond plate.

I know! The price of a sheet of aluminum is rediculous! Thats why I took this route.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I'm calling this "The Craigslist Wonder Trailer,". This is great work, you're doing a great job of building a trailer on a budget.

hidefxj

Observer
Here with matching wheels/tires:

z36ZcbX.jpg

With my rig:

ektnECr.jpg

V4OjUuV.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Man, that's very close to what I have and thinking along the same lines for side and front storage!

That aluminum really sets it off, looks great and the matching wheels put it over the top! Doesn't look like it was thrifty, just nifty!

It looks too good, if I were a cop I doubt I'd buy the farm use story... especially behind your rig....LOL

navigator

Adventurer
I love the use of the ramp and the tool box parts. I'm wanting to build a larger front deck for my Jon boat and was going to use a tri-fold + treated plywood. I was considering alternatives to the plywood, I think this will work much better. Now to find some old/cheap toolboxes on CL!

hidefxj

Observer
I love the use of the ramp and the tool box parts. I'm wanting to build a larger front deck for my Jon boat and was going to use a tri-fold + treated plywood. I was considering alternatives to the plywood, I think this will work much better. Now to find some old/cheap toolboxes on CL!
I just can't stay away from craigslist! I try to repurpose everything! It's really an addiction, but i'm cheap like that :)

FredB

Observer
Nice. I always reuse stuff, with less success than you. Your XJ needs a NAXJA sticker. We are the tech source for XJ's.

hidefxj

Observer
Nice. I always reuse stuff, with less success than you. Your XJ needs a NAXJA sticker. We are the tech source for XJ's.

I'm a member over at NAXJ, just waiting for the stickers to start popping up on craigslist at a discount :)

J

JWP58

From one tightwad to another, that's an awesome build in many different ways.

I'm wanting to do something exactly like this....

hidefxj

Observer

From one tightwad to another, that's an awesome build in many different ways.

I'm wanting to do something exactly like this....

I appreciate the kind words. Good luck with your build. If you want an easier build, definitely build from scratch. The metal prep is a little annoying and easily adds 2x as much time onto your build. But still rewarding either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior