Just Differentials 99 Land Cruiser UZJ100 Build Thread

Suspension kit

Checkout the new suspension builder tool on our website:
http://www.justdifferentials.com/JTOTLC100-SUPDLX-D-p/jtotlc100-supdlx.htm
JTOTLC100-SUPDLX-2T.jpg

JTOTLC100-SUPDLX-4T.jpg

Tech Info:

The short-comings of OEM 100 Series IFS:
In 1998 Toyota released the all new 100 series Land Cruiser to replace its solid axle 80 series models. While providing a much smoother ride and better handling on the road, the IFS proved to be very limited in suspension travel. Most lift kits for the IFS setup simply raise the front end by means of adjusting/replacing the torsion bars which actually reduces overall down-travel. This is the result of aftermarket suspension kits only utilizing stock length shocks.

Driving over rough roads and potholes compounds this problem as the pre-loaded suspension, with fully extend shocks, has no more room for shock travel resulting in poor ride quality and premature shock failure. The only way to improve suspension travel is to run longer than stock shocks. The factory upper control arms also become a limiter as they will contact the shock body if using longer shocks. With a raised suspension height, the OEM upper ball-joint is forced to operate at an extreme angle and wider tires many times will not clear the factory upper control arms. The OEM ball-joint also has a potential to separate if a stock length shock were to break, leading to catastrophic failure of suspension, steering, and CV axle. The cost to replace one OEM upper ball-joint from Toyota, is nearly the same cost as the pair of heavy duty Uniball arms available here.

The Solution:
- To solve the extreme ball joint angle of the stock arms the uniball cup is clocked to run level on vehicles with 2-3" additional ride height.
- With the proper shock setup, this allows up to 50% increase in down travel over suspension kits that use stock length shocks.
- The arms are 100% BOLT-ON using a taper adapter to fit in the stock tapered ball-joint location in spindle. That's right no drilling, no welding, no tapping. Arms allow for proper alignment.
- They are also fully serviceable, as the bushings and uniballs can easily be replaced. The upper bushings include zerk fittings, and each pair recommended DuPont Silicone/Teflon spray lube, for quiet squeak-free operation.
- Made in USA, TIG Welded, Chromoly DOM tubing for strength versus the flimsy OEM stamped steel arms.
- This design allows for a lower profile, thus providing additional clearance for larger tires, and/or larger/ longer shocks.
- The arms utilize a 1" I.D. Teflon lined uniball which has been proven strong, reliable, and long lasting, for years in all areas of use from Highway, to Baja trucks and more.

Features

Bolt on Super Deluxe Suspension Kit includes:
-Front Torsion bars, Med-heavy load (adjustable height)
-Progressive Rear Coil Springs for comfort and increased load capacity
-Powder-coated 20mm Diff Drop kit
-Front Uniball Upper Control Arm Kit
-Extended length Radflo, King or the pinnacle ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2.5" Front and Rear Shocks

Options/ Upgrades:
-12mm Body Lift
-Front & Rear Timbren bump stops
-Rear Adjustable upper Control arms
-Billet Rear Adjustable lower control arms by ICON
-Icon shocks with remote reservoir (optional compression adjusters)
or
-King shocks with remote reservoir (optional compression adjusters)

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Thanks! Looking for a low mileage 04-06 LX or Land Cruiser and want the niceties of the LX, but would rather have the regular suspension like this which comes on the LC so I can get this.

Last edited:
Justdifferentials Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series

Thanks to our neighbor Mission Ridge Ski Area For allowing us to take some photos for the 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine Article featuring our 100 Series and BJ73 Land Cruiser build. This was last month, when we were experiencing a bit of an inversion, so it was nice to get some shots up above the clouds. Since then winter has returned fortunately.
Shown here with studded 33" winter tires, typically on 35"

Nitro_Land_Cruiser_100_Series_Icon_Suspension_1-2.jpgNitro_Land_Cruiser_100_Series_Icon_Suspension_2-2.jpgNitro_Land_Cruiser_100_Series_Icon_Suspension_3-2.jpgNitro_Land_Cruiser_100_Series_Icon_Suspension_4-2.jpg

100s in the Hills - Ultimate Dadventure 2014

A few pics form a recent trip to 100's in the Hills from WA State to Ouray, CO. 1 Dad, 2 kids, 1 Landcruiser & Rooftop tent, 2700 miles, 6 days!
Got stuck in the sand 1 hour into the trip when dad decided the dunes would be a good place for a "quick" potty stop....

20140729_190237.jpg20140801_130600.jpg20140803_120058.jpg20140731_124106.jpg20140729_202152.jpg20140801_115221.jpg20140803_115828.jpg20140803_131350.jpg20140803_143349.jpg

nitro-gear

Supporting Sponsor - Differential & Axle Parts
No rubbing at all. I do run 1" wheel spacers and 295/70r18 Nitto Trail grapplers. The reservoirs are pretty easy to move to different locations if you do experience rubbing. I cant stand the look of the narrow track with stock wheels and no spacers.

are your front tires rubbing the shock reservoirs when the steering is maxed out in either direction?

r3run33

Adventurer
hello love all the pics and your rig; question for ya how difficult is it to remove the rear tire carrier on the rear bumper? Mine is a daily driver and having the rear tire carrier adds to much to the length for me to utilize for parking etc in the city. I would love to be able to add it on for my trips etc thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles