Lifetime Tent Trailer at Costco

Mud Dawg

Observer
Well, I finally got to take the tent trailer (new, second gen version) out for a little camping. It really did exceed expectations. The trailer is well built for what it is and the tent goes up very quickly. I don't think it's a stretch to say that it goes up almost as fast as many two-man tents I've used and faster than most any family tent. Also, despite what the instructions say, one person can put it up easily. I did use my 4runner jack to completely level the unit (in addition to the one leveling jack it comes with and the tongue jack) and I also bought some cheap collapsible wheel chocs from harbor freight for ultimate stability (http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-metal-wheel-chocks-97130.html). The configurations for ventilation are many, with these cool floor-level vents that you can use to optimize the air. The only unknown at this point is the rain performance...

Despite all of the awesome parts about the tent, I think I'll get even more use of it as a trailer. I have already taken a huge load of old fence rails to the dump and I've got many other jobs lined up. It will make my life without a pickup truck MUCH easier.

Oh yeah, I also called Costco and got my price retroed to the discounted price they are running now. That was extremely cool. It's a fantastic little setup for $2k.

TheThom

Adventurer
^^He posted his ad in 5 threads. Why not just list it in the for sale section instead of hijacking 5 threads

GDSQDCR

Adventurer
Are you suggesting his price is a tad high ...
I have less then that into my Gen2 Lifetime including having to replace the axle while at the North Rim.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
not sure about the price thing though, not trying to rain on your parade

looks like similar trailers that homedepot sells for $750 & they just threw a tent on it

but neat idea to say the least

Waketech

The Gen1 trailer and tent are build and have different specs, the Gen2 is a smaller cheaper tent-trailer.. there are threads on here that discuss this topic. What would you suggest I ask for my trailer???

Waketech

not sure about the price thing though, not trying to rain on your parade

looks like similar trailers that homedepot sells for $750 & they just threw a tent on it

but neat idea to say the least

Not really what it is like but everybody has there own things

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz