Small Fuel Resistant Container?

40tude

Adventurer
I am looking for a small container that I can keep my siphon hose in. I would like it to stay clean and not stink up the vehicle. Any ideas?
Thanks

seanz0rz

Adventurer
I usually refill my tank when I get to camp at night, and then let my hose sit out overnight to dry out. Then it gets tossed back into my Trasharoo.

I used to keep mine in an ammo can, that worked out pretty well but would gas you when you opened it up again. I didn't like keeping the fuel vapor enclosed like that.

fratermus

FT boondocker
2L coke bottle, assuming the hose is flexible enough to shake an end out.

from tapatalk (Galaxy Note 2)

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
How about a 'mounted-in-a-good-place' PVC hard pipe of suitable length and diameter to contain your siphon hose? With a cemented end, drain holes, and a removable cap...maybe perf pipe for a septic system?

southpier

Expedition Leader
new, empty, clean, quart or gallon (how big or long is the hose) paint can from the hardware store?

bfdiesel

Explorer
Paint can, one or two gallon bucket with lid. I put mine in a five gallon bucket with extra fluids and some times a funnel if it will fit.

40tude

Adventurer
I am really liking the paint can idea, I am fearful as to how the gasoline could affect some of the other materials.
Thanks

BrianTN

Adventurer
Would Gladware work? Cheap enough to throw away if needed, easy to put the siphon in with a wide lid, and you could poke some holes in the lid to release any vapor.

BrianTN

Adventurer
You could leave it without any holes. I'm fairly certain they would keep in fumes, and if not, they're cheap so you wouldn't be out much cash.

fratermus

FT boondocker
How about a 'mounted-in-a-good-place' PVC hard pipe of suitable length and diameter to contain your siphon hose? With a cemented end, drain holes, and a removable cap...maybe perf pipe for a septic system?

Maybe integrate this into an existing "grab pole" used to drag faraway objects into reach. I use a pole like this so I can push/push stuff in the camper shell so I don't have to hop up/down into the bed over and over.

fratermus

FT boondocker
I am really liking the paint can idea, I am fearful as to how the gasoline could affect some of the other materials.
Thanks

As an experiment I stored a cup various liquid fuels (methanol, isopropyl 70/90, coleman fuel, unleaded) in separate pop bottles. After 6 months there was no deterioration, weakness, discoloration, or any other evidence they were holding volatiles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles