Small Fuel Resistant Container?

How bout on your spare tire. Roll it up to fit inside the rim. On the side closest to the vehicle so it is in the shade and out of site. A couple compression straps, zip ties or an old shoe lace to hold it in place. A wine cork or similar to keep the dust out. Out of site and out of the passenger compartment. I've had a siphon on my shopping list for a while and was thinking of trying it there.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter

Well, if all he needs is a place to store a siphon, that's kind of like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer.

You can get cheap little plastic containers at the Dollar Store that will work just fine and at the end of the trip you can throw them into the recycle bin and get a new one.

As an experiment I stored a cup various liquid fuels (methanol, isopropyl 70/90, coleman fuel, unleaded) in separate pop bottles. After 6 months there was no deterioration, weakness, discoloration, or any other evidence they were holding volatiles.

from tapatalk (Galaxy Note 2)

I agree, I think the OP worrying too much about what will happen with plastic.

It's fuel, not acid. ;)

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
The two on the left originally had nuts in them and the right one was mayonnaise. They're very tough, have screw on lids that seal, hold a half gallon+, and they're free. I use them in the shop for storing all kinds of stuff. I especially like the square ones because you can stack them together with no wasted space.

IMG_1039 crop.jpg

matt s

Explorer
The two on the left originally had nuts in them and the right one was mayonnaise. They're very tough, have screw on lids that seal, hold a half gallon+, and they're free. I use them in the shop for storing all kinds of stuff. I especially like the square ones because you can stack them together with no wasted space.

View attachment 161938

That just makes too much sense, move along nothing to see here :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94