Nose Box for home builders?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I need a new nose box for my trailer. The one I have is a very specific size and shape to allow the rear mounted swing out tire on a Jeep to open unhindered by the trailer, but it is not dust proof, doesn't hold much, and is starting to fall apart to rust.

Where do you home builders get your nose boxes? What do you recommend to replace this one?

IMG_0066-X2.jpg

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
Harbor Freight actually has some pretty tough ones. Fleet Metal Boxes in Inland Empire makes them for a lot of the jet ski trailer places, both are reasonable. I saw some real nice one a few days ago, but cannot remember where. Let me sleep on it, might come back to this foggy old brain.

Bob

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Never occurred to me to look to Harbor Freight. Please do chime back if the other options pop back into short term memory buffers

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Nice. Have you thought about painting it? Rustoleum sells a new paint specifically for fiberglass and plastic that might work okay. If you replaced the hatch latch with a draw-tight latch, would it be more dustproof?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Nice. Have you thought about painting it? Rustoleum sells a new paint specifically for fiberglass and plastic that might work okay. If you replaced the hatch latch with a draw-tight latch, would it be more dustproof?

I hadn't thought about painting it, but red would be pretty awesome...hmmm. As for the seals, it was not too big of a deal to get it sealed up, and with the neoprene gasket the existing latch actually workd great at sealing it. I hosed the heck out of it and it was dry inside. If it can keep water out it should work to keep dust out too. I do however need to put in a vent for the battery. so I will put that in the rear so it is protected and maybe use one I can close if I need to ford any water crossings?

Box is perfect and just the right size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne