KimberleyKaravan #2 in US

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Took delivery of our KimberleyKaravan on April 15 in Los Angeles, and drove it cross country to Atlanta with stops in Tucson, Guadalupe Mountains National Park and Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Since it was all highway miles across the US, we used our Audi Q7 3.0 TDI for the diesel fuel mileage. Off-road tow vehicle will be an MB G500. It tows like a dream up to 80 mph in Texas, even with strong (30-35 mph) crosswinds.

Currently getting it finished out with items not installed in Australia, as well has repairing far too many defects and glitches in the unit. It's almost like they have no Quality Control before sending it out the door.

Plans are to use it for some shorter shakedown trips here in the Southeast, and a longer trip to CO, UT & AZ in the Fall. Maybe we can schedule a Kimberley Owners Meetup, including both KKampers and KKaravans. Ultimately, we'd like to do the Alaskan Highway.

TucsonKKs.jpgGuadalupeMountainsNP.jpgCarlsbad.jpg

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
It was nice meeting you Dutch and fun seeing the twins together in my driveway. :sombrero:

Happy trails.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
such a cool looking unit. would you mind delving into what the issues have been?

Water and air leaks in the water lines, items missing that were ordered and paid for, electric sockets that are defective, sealing gaskets that are twisted and not properly glued in place, etc.

Last edited:

Septu

Explorer
Such nice looking units. If only they weighed less. And I had more money to spend. lol. Am jealous. Hope you get tons of use out of it!

John E Davies

Adventurer
Water and air leaks in the water lines, items missing that were ordered and paid for, electric sockets that are defective, sealing gaskets that are twisted and not properly glued in place, etc.

That is bad news. Does the factory acknowledge all these issues, and will they reimburse you for labor and cost of repairs?

Do they have any service centers in the USA for really major stuff like crash repair or delamination, or are you just supposed to use a local RV place?

Cool rig. It's a shame it wasn't put together correctly......

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
That is bad news. Does the factory acknowledge all these issues, and will they reimburse you for labor and cost of repairs?

Do they have any service centers in the USA for really major stuff like crash repair or delamination, or are you just supposed to use a local RV place?

Cool rig. It's a shame it wasn't put together correctly......

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

No service center in the US. The factory does provide email support and any needed spare parts by postal mail.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
They are certainly an impressive trailer in person. I had the chance to crawl around one in Brisbane a few years ago.

Romer

Adventurer
Congrats Dutch, let me know when you want to get rid of that one as well :D

I had your old one out all last week in Moab

Moab-2013-001.jpg

Damaged 1

I have looked at those online and was devastated with the price ...... I may not understand the exchange values.... what do these cost in US Dollars? Forgive me if this is an inappropriate question ... I just really love those campers and would almost do whatever I could " legally " to get one ......

Septu

Explorer
I have looked at those online and was devastated with the price ...... I may not understand the exchange values.... what do these cost in US Dollars? Forgive me if this is an inappropriate question ... I just really love those campers and would almost do whatever I could " legally " to get one ......

I thought when I looked at them it was 70k+ - but I could be wrong. USD and AUD are pretty close in value.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Congrats Dutch, let me know when you want to get rid of that one as well :D

I had your old one out all last week in Moab

Nice to see it again! You use more of the canvas than I ever did.

Last edited:

DUTCH

Curmudgeon

I don't discuss pricing, other than to agree that they are quite expensive. You can contact Kimberley in Australia for those kinds of details.

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Sorry to hear about the small things....they'll all work out.

Those campers are artwork...and I bet you're going to really enjoy sleeping in a hard sided trailer. Seems KK has figured out how to make life as enjoyable inside the camper as well as the outside.

Best of luck with it, they are a beautiful piece of machinery for sure.

Safe travels, Pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94