2005+ Tacoma Tube Bumpers

jcook5003

Hey Guys-

I own a gray extended cab Taco. 2.7, 5 speed. Now that the stock tires are worn out I figure its time to start building it the way I want. I was parked last weekend and some ************ backed into it and left. They dented the front bumper so I guess it's a good time for some front armor too.

Since I have the 4 cylinder I know I need to be aware of every pound of equipment I add. I was thinking about a tube style front bumper. Do any of you guys run these? I know trail gear offers one as does ArmorTech Offroad. I ts tough to find pictures of them installed though. I know most people run plate style bumpers, which I'm not opposed to, I was just trying to save weight and a little coin.

My worry is most tube bumper examples I've seen look really goofy with so much exposed on the front of the taco. So guys, which bumper do you run and why? Pictures help!

Thanks
Josh

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Hey Guys-

I own a gray extended cab Taco. 2.7, 5 speed. Now that the stock tires are worn out I figure its time to start building it the way I want. I was parked last weekend and some ************ backed into it and left. They dented the front bumper so I guess it's a good time for some front armor too.

Since I have the 4 cylinder I know I need to be aware of every pound of equipment I add. I was thinking about a tube style front bumper. Do any of you guys run these? I know trail gear offers one as does ArmorTech Offroad. I ts tough to find pictures of them installed though. I know most people run plate style bumpers, which I'm not opposed to, I was just trying to save weight and a little coin.

My worry is most tube bumper examples I've seen look really goofy with so much exposed on the front of the taco. So guys, which bumper do you run and why? Pictures help!

Thanks
Josh

What you have said is very important to build your vehicle around, regardless of motor size or truck size. I always am trying to keep weight down and having balanced placement of weight. I am not a fan of the heavy steel bumper, but that is what makes this forum great every one has different ideas.

One final note: I have a new custom hybrid bumper built by one of the best that should hopefully land at my shop next week. I suspect they will fill some orders from it......
Cam-shaft

Sent from my iPad using my tired fat pointer finger.

Wasatch

Observer
I have a 2.7L regular cab, OME front suspension, and an ARB front bumper with 235-85's, and regularly get 20+ mpg.

Tube bumpers can look great, but for the amount of protection, features, and reasonable price (I have the bumper without the fog light cut-outs), ARB is excellent for our trucks (In my opinion).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94